2 - Pau Cubarsí

JamDav1982

Valverde praised him in particular for his passing today. Great talent.

No wonder. It was exquisite.

The way he can feed ball through eye of a needle and take 4/5 opposition players out the game is invaluable.

Best Barca CB on ball since Masch.

Pique was good but took too many touches towards end as thought he was a QB.

Cubarsi sees the game quickly and fires it into the gaps early.

JamDav1982

Cubarsi and Araujo are a good combo. It's slightly more difficult with Inigo teamed up with him

Mmm im not sure on Araujo these days.

He is about the best phsysical CB will ever see but his passing is ropey, positionally not great and makes a lot of bad decisions.

With Araujo Cubarsi has to play LCB also and it slightly takes away from his passing.

Cubarsi with a more athletic LCB who could better cover Balde being up the park would provide the best balance probably.

Athletic, ball playing LCBs are like gold dust and cost a fortune if one came up though so fuck knows.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
No wonder. It was exquisite.

The way he can feed ball through eye of a needle and take 4/5 opposition players out the game is invaluable.

Best Barca CB on ball since Masch.

Pique was good but took too many touches towards end as thought he was a QB.

Cubarsi sees the game quickly and fires it into the gaps early.

jamrock

In a world where Faye develops into a Top CB, they would be as close to perfection as it gets.

Faye isn't a bad passer himself, not as good as cubarsi obviously, and he progresses the ball well, at his feet.

Masetro10

Mmm im not sure on Araujo these days.

He is about the best phsysical CB will ever see but his passing is ropey, positionally not great and makes a lot of bad decisions.

With Araujo Cubarsi has to play LCB also and it slightly takes away from his passing.

Cubarsi with a more athletic LCB who could better cover Balde being up the park would provide the best balance probably.

Athletic, ball playing LCBs are like gold dust and cost a fortune if one came up though so fuck knows.
I totally get what you're talking about. Araujo is not the best passer but what he does offer is diamond value with his speed and power. I would never want to see Inigo out there vs RM when it matters most. And our RCB is going to need a hell of a motor against them. He is kind if an idiot for sure though.

Cubarsi reminds me of Pique we don't want him to be exposed too much to physical forwards or speed forwards.

Regardless if Araujo gets sold then I do agree an athlete LCB is needed and maybe that is best case scenario. But unless we are building one in La Masia I'm not sure who is out there to get. Cubarsi with his passing skill seems pretty ambidextrous which is why I think him at LCB is fine. Christensen is nice as a LCB but who knows what happens to him as well. I would say buyback Faye but Faye is just regen Todibo. Destined for a big club but not ours.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I'll rate him 5.
He was good during buildup, average defending and had a big mistake.
He needs more time it looks like it

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Hot take alert: Cubarsi is the most important young player to come through the academy since Messi not named Yamal. Starting CB at 16/17 is slept on because it's not the sexy position.

Guy has a chance to be the Barca goat CB

Agree with the first part.

Second part I'm not so sure. Koeman was a hell of a player and is massively underrated by Barca fans and the general footballing community.

Koeman would easily be amongst the Top10 centre back of all time.

Home of Barca Fans