20 - Dani Olmo

Raketa10

This is not about Flick's stuff or Dani Olmo injury record. This is about the depth of our squad. A club that wants to compete for trophies needs to have at least 23-24 top and healthy players. Furthermore, in order to stay competitive manager has to rotate players all of the time. Look at our squad. Even if everyone was healthy we don't have the necessary depth and with 1/3 of our squad out this is becoming impossible. Currently we have 9 players out (8 injured plus Ferran). Much stronger teams would struggle with that.

Therefore, Flick can't rotate CB's as Christensen and Araujo are injured. He can't rotate Balde or Kounde as he doesn't have any other solution on the flanks. He cant rotate Pedri or Yamal or Raphinha or Lewa as there is no other solution. We currently have FIVE injured midfielders. Consequently, healthy players will be overused and we are risking them in the long run. I am afraid that if someone else gets injured before the next international break our season will be over.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I guess this solves the mystery of why such an insanely talented footballer has had such an average league career up to this point. :olmo:

Stop overreacting. One injury is not a problem, injuries will happen all of the time. However, problem is 5 injured midfielders at the same time. If Fermin, Bernal, Gavi and FDJ were healthy this would be just a minor blow and now it became a disaster.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Stop overreacting. One injury is not a problem, injuries will happen all of the time. However, problem is 5 injured midfielders at the same time. If Fermin, Bernal, Gavi and FDJ were healthy this would be just a minor blow and now it became a disaster.

Aye, this is Olmo's first injury in years. Never been injury prone at all before. Total overreaction to even suggest otherwise.

jamrock

What depth??? With Gavi, FDJ, Fermin, Olmo and Bernal injured we have ZERO depth in midfield right now.

Exactly you just listed 4 players and we can still put out a competitive team come Thursday and the weekend, because we have depth in that midfield.

If lewa or the FB got injured we are screwed,as the fall off to their replacements is massive, in midfield we can clearly handle a few injuries.

Raketa10

Aye, this is Olmo's first injury in years. Never been injury prone at all before. Total overreaction to even suggest otherwise.

Dembele was injury prone as it gets and look at him now. There is also something in physical preparation and not only in players genetics. However, I was not referring only to Olmo's injury. I was trying to say that this injury would not be so devastating if Olmo, FDJ, Gavi, Bernal and Fermin were not injured at the same time. Our problem is not one injury but 8 fucking injuries at the same time. There is no club in the world that could handle situation like this without consequences on the field.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans