20 - Dani Olmo

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Cause Madrid's finances are healthy???

Barto fucked us and we also fucked up the timing with the stadium.

Explain this to me. How can Real Madrid have a higher net spend than every other non EPL club, bar PSG, post COVID, almost put together ?

The austerity seen by clubs all around Europe has been unprecedented, included by all clubs with ' healthy ' finances. Bayern, (as well run as any club in Europe) have cut back. Inter and Juve. Even PSG have slowed down. All 'healthy' clubs who didn't have anything close to a Bartomeu situation, yet still massively had to cut back spending.

Now, none of those had to spend over a billion building a new stadium like Madrid did either. And yet Madrid is spending as much as during the Galacticos era.

And if you look back at the year before COVID, Madrid had the highest net spend in the WHOLE OF EUROPE, yet COVID seemed to have affected them financially the least?????

mc_lovin

Explain this to me. How can Real Madrid have a higher net spend than every other non EPL club, bar PSG, post COVID, almost put together ?

The austerity seen by clubs all around Europe has been unprecedented, included by all clubs with ' healthy ' finances. Bayern, (as well run as any club in Europe) have cut back. Inter and Juve. Even PSG have slowed down. All 'healthy' clubs who didn't have anything close to a Bartomeu situation, yet still massively had to cut back spending.

Now, none of those had to spend over a billion building a new stadium like Madrid did either. And yet Madrid is spending as much as during the Galacticos era.

And if you look back at the year before COVID, Madrid had the highest net spend in the WHOLE OF EUROPE, yet COVID seemed to have affected them financially the least?????
They were quite conservative in the market until Bellingham and timed their outgoings well (Casemiro, Varane...).

I have no interest defending Madrid, but the shit we are in is 99.9999% on the club itself. Not Tebas. Not Perez. Cry me a river.

Porque

Madrid never paid deferrals and built a stadium during COVID with it's expenses not accounting.

That's basically the difference. Better management, better gaming of the rules and of course better TIMING in sales.

All of this and Madrid's salary cap is 800m while ours is at around 200m. We're struggling because it is so incredibly low, we have no major sales, income has dropped and expenses have increased.

Best way we get through this is struggling and pushing through until we are back at CN, sign a new apparel deal, lose big wages and hopefully time big sales better.

This summer slightly unlucky as by all reports Araujo was on the way out for a sizeable fee.

Probably still be in the same problems mind you as that would have just been used for Nico.

malvolio

I am perfectly ok saying that, as president, Perez is miles ahead of Laporta.
Perez has taken every big football club to school over the past decade. Hit the jackpot when it comes to managers with Zidane and Carlo. Exceptional squad management and for no huge sums in transfers. Build a new stadium while keeping the team at the top. And he didn't have a Messi or golden La Masia generation to bail him out.

jairzinho

Madrid are not perfect but they are a better run club than Barca and have been for some time now. Perez himself is a sucessful businessman. Meanwhile we have Fatporta.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

They were quite conservative in the market until Bellingham and timed their outgoings well (Casemiro, Varane...).

I have no interest defending Madrid, but the shit we are in is 99.9999% on the club itself. Not Tebas. Not Perez. Cry me a river.

The year before they bought Bell, they spent 120m on Tchou, yet you say they were quite conservative. They also had the highest net spend in Europe the year before COVID ( Hazard, Vini, Militao plus more ). Strong and 'healthy' way going in to the biggest pandemic of our lives.

You say that have 'healthy' finances because some Madrid fans online said so, yet the facts are they have a billion dollars in stadium debt.

khaled_a_d

I am perfectly ok saying that, as president, Perez is miles ahead of Laporta.

Perez in his first 4 years of 2nd term: 4 season, 1 league title, 1 CDR. All while signing CR7 (deal was agreed by Calderon), Kaka, Alonso, Benzema, Di Maria, Ozil, Contrea, Modric on top of my head.

This has all changed until he got Ancelotti and Zidane duo. And never having to face a financial crisis.
In last 11 years, there isn't a single season when those 2 weren't coaching RM as part of a season.

When Perez tried any other option, it was epic fail.

In comparison, Laporta first 3 years here, 1 Liga. So a CDR title this season and he equals 1st 4 years from Perez. And if ypu count his 1st talf year as president, he already equalled it.

Perez magic and genius is that he realized what worked and stick to it, bringing back coaches after dismissing them.

If Laporta had Pep coming back, finances to renew Messi and sign Halaand along other starters, you can compare those two.

And btw, Perez has pulled many levers, and is on his way to sell a stake of the club to stabilise the financial situations. It isn't all that green there.

jamrock

Perez in his first 4 years of 2nd term: 4 season, 1 league title, 1 CDR. All while signing CR7 (deal was agreed by Calderon), Kaka, Alonso, Benzema, Di Maria, Ozil, Contrea, Modric on top of my head.

This has all changed until he got Ancelotti and Zidane duo. And never having to face a financial crisis.
In last 11 years, there isn't a single season when those 2 weren't coaching RM as part of a season.

When Perez tried any other option, it was epic fail.

In comparison, Laporta first 3 years here, 1 Liga. So a CDR title this season and he equals 1st 4 years from Perez. And if ypu count his 1st talf year as president, he already equalled it.

Perez magic and genius is that he realized what worked and stick to it, bringing back coaches after dismissing them.

If Laporta had Pep coming back, finances to renew Messi and sign Halaand along other starters, you can compare those two.

And btw, Perez has pulled many levers, and is on his way to sell a stake of the club to stabilise the financial situations. It isn't all that green there.

Yep, only fair comparison between the two, is their first term.

Madrid sold their parking lot for 300m.
And something is regarding their new stadium for another 300m.

But when we do it, it's the worse thing ever.

JamDav1982

So potentially may miss Christensen for 2 months as not registered.

Absolute shambles.

No planning from one day to the next.

Then it will also impact next seasons FFP.

Home of Barca Fans