2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
My post was not aimed at any specific users as such. Some of the comments in this thread and others dealing with the final (especially the Champions League 2014-15 thread) are quite cringeworthy. On other platforms too, such as for instance Spanish Barça forums.

In short I don't like this attitude of some fans that have already declared us as champions, who underrate Juve criminally (I bet that they have not watched more than those 2 games with them this season, maybe a few more) and who make themselves appear as jokes. Those same types of fans are often complaining about the arrogance of other fans.

I just don't like it. I never underestimate any opponent/rival myself.

In post 68 I argued why I personally won't underestimate Juve and declare victory upfront. I also wrote that people can say what they want to but then I can also say what I think about those claims.

Nothing personal.

I completely get your point, sorry if was on edge about this, as i've been accused of "optimism" before the Bayern 1st leg too ^^

No way any sound person would see us as 100% winners given who Juve knocked out.

sidenote : if you have 2min and can check a link I posted in the "Luis Enrique" thread, your opinion would be appreciated since you seem to know what's reliable and what's not in the spanish media cloud :)

M

monamou

Yessss. I wouldnt be able to survive an El Clasico CL final mentally and a loss could be too much to handle.

Juve on the other hand, brrrrinnnnggg it on!

Leo_Messi

I completely get your point, sorry if was on edge about this, as i've been accused of "optimism" before the Bayern 1st leg too ^^

No way any sound person would see us as 100% winners given who Juve knocked out.

sidenote : if you have 2min and can check a link I posted in the "Luis Enrique" thread, your opinion would be appreciated since you seem to know what's reliable and what's not in the spanish media cloud :)

As I wrote my initial comment (post 68) was not aimed at any specific user. It was just a general and short statement. Nor was it in any way meant to be something personal. We all sometimes write nonsense. Or at least most of us do, lol.

Also I was by no means criticizing people for their optimism as I myself am optimistic about our prospects of winning the CL again as I also wrote.

I just see a big difference between being that and then to write some of the comments I have seen on the forum and elsewhere.

Thanks for the head up. I will take a look at the thread and give my quick opinion. In reality I should be studying and not being here but it's all football these days. Especially in such a unique period for our club.

I also tell people to enjoy this as much as possible because we might not be in such a situation for years to come.:)

Vlom

As I wrote my initial comment (post 68) was not aimed at any specific user. It was just a general and short statement. Nor was it in any way meant to be something personal. We all sometimes write nonsense. Or at least most of us do, lol.

Also I was by no means criticizing people for their optimism as I myself am optimistic about our prospects of winning the CL again as I also wrote.

I just see a big difference between being that and then to write some of the comments I have seen on the forum and elsewhere.

Thanks for the head up. I will take a look at the thread and give my quick opinion. In reality I should be studying and not being here but it's all football these days. Especially in such a unique period for our club.

I also tell people to enjoy this as much as possible because we might not be in such a situation for years to come.:)

Indeed, I'm almost sad it's coming to an end soon ! This last 2months have been an intense crazy ride, let's hope it all ends as we wish :)

Vlom

Cordoba, Getafe were buses weren't they ? and very compact ones, we still broke them.

I'm not saying Juve is same quality, far from it, but we're not the team that watchs messi try to cut through 7 defenders repeatedly and lose the ball.
We have new assets.

Feel free to correct me if you disagree, that's just my perception.

PhilS

What a great matchup! The level of organization Juve has shown in the knockouts has been impressive, I'd say they have been the best coached team in the tournament. Holding RM to 2 goals total over the home and away is quite the defensive achievement.

Juve's downfall against Barca is likely to be lack of agility among their defenders. This is the unsolvable problem for any defense trying to contain the Trident over 90 minutes. Juve's best chance is to get another ref like they got yesterday, someone who will ignore all penalties after the first one.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cordoba, Getafe were buses weren't they ? and very compact ones, we still broke them.

I'm not saying Juve is same quality, far from it, but we're not the team that watchs messi try to cut through 7 defenders repeatedly and lose the ball.
We have new assets.

Feel free to correct me if you disagree, that's just my perception.

I don't necessarily disagree, we definitely have other options that we did not have before, but I am still not sure how good we are at breaking a parked bus. I am not convinced.

I mean, a lot of the goals we score these days are from counters, I don't know if we have been tested with a good tight defense like Juventus (to your point, Cordoba and Getafe etc. are no Juventus quality).

Zinedinho

I think their weak link nowadays is Pirlo. He is well passed his prime and plays as their Busquets. He was once an amazing footballer but that's the past. His first touch didn't look good lately, and he is slow, really slow. I expect Suárez to bite him, metaphorically.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Congratulations to everyone here!
I hope we win the final and the treble, will be really tough though!
also hoping home kits for both the teams!
Visca Barca!

Kuchi

It's common knowledge by now that Italian teams are slippery as hell. What they lack in attractive football, they compensate in hard work, sacrifice and sheer determination. Everybody knows that.

As i said, it's common knowledge, not to underestimate the Italian underdogs, history has plenty of cases of that going wrong.

They definitely earned their spot, pushed the game in a direction they were familiar with.

Hurt them early, hurt them bad. Focus and intensity are our weapons.

juventino320

Dear Barca fans,

Am proud to register my name in your forum.

I did this just to come and thanks you all for high spirit and the respect shown in here.

I couldnt stop my self to return the respect i read in here, i didnt see the same even from the clubs from the nation we are representing who are praying and betting for our defeat from the start.

I hope the best side win in the final, even if barca win it it will be to a rival with great fans.

Best wishes for you all.

Home of Barca Fans