2021 Preseason

Bobo32

Nah he took too long on the ball when could have played it to the left earlier. He also could have run a bit slower, of course - there is no one single correct way to attack.

You are right he could've done better through different paths
But I think he hurried too much rather than too little though, he has had this problem before, hurrying things, forcing instead of letting the opportunity show itself

His only worry in that situation should be to be in control of the ball and keep all paths open, to play at the exact moment a defender takes a wrong step. He played past the defender, but he had settled too much on the right flank option and so Roberto was already offside. Roberto should've halted his run a bit too obviously, but Puig should've been able to play left instead, he looked more free.

I am pretty impressed by the quality of Girona. I only now found out former Barcelona player Gumbau is their #10

fergus90

In general, Puig's decision making is subpar. Compared to that of Pedri who plays like a veteran, it is garbage.

Everything is 100 mile an hour with him. Doesn't know when to go for the dynamic pass or when to play it safe. Which is why he's best served coming on with 10 minutes to go to inject some urgency when needed.

fergus90

Balde definitely been the star of these friendly games thus far. Looks well equipped for minutes this season.

Home of Barca Fans