2022 Pre-Season - starts 4th July

Bobo32

You usually get an early pre-season game or two like this when alot of the B players are mixed in.

It's a nice incite into how Xavi rates the upcoming players based off of the early trainings. Who he is playing in the natural positions, who he has shifted out of position and who gets the small minutes.

Clearly wanted a closer look at Pjanic and Collado before making assessments, and still not high on Balde are my take homes.

But still used to be able to crush these teams and play a bit better than this, using a lot of B players IIRC?

ajnotkeith

You usually get an early pre-season game or two like this when alot of the B players are mixed in.

It's a nice incite into how Xavi rates the upcoming players based off of the early trainings. Who he is playing in the natural positions, who he has shifted out of position and who gets the small minutes.

Clearly wanted a closer look at Pjanic and Collado before making assessments, and still not high on Balde are my take homes.

Well it says a lot about the B players if they are struggling against a 4th division team.

These guys are basically amateurs and we made them look like a legit team and let them pressure us. Pretty bad game.

Porque

But still used to be able to crush these teams and play a bit better than this, using a lot of B players IIRC?

Sometimes. I remember we edged wins against a few of the dutch shitters back in the Van Gaal days. So in a way, Xavi is valid disciple.

Porque

Well it says a lot about the B players if they are struggling against a 4th division team.

These guys are basically amateurs and we made them look like a legit team and let them pressure us. Pretty bad game.

I don't expect any of the B team players to feature for the first team this season. Except Torre.

Casado, Cases, Chadri, Valle have all just promoted to the B from Juvenil.

The only B team players who underperformed based off of reputation/expectation is Abde and perhaps Balde.

Bobo32

Sometimes. I remember we edged wins against a few of the dutch shitters back in the Van Gaal days. So in a way, Xavi is valid disciple.

van Gaal too early for me, especially for pre seasons. But since Rijkaards days, I remember it being mostly clear wins against opponents better than this. I didn't watch this one very closely but it felt a pretty even game yeah.

fergus90

Barca drew 0-0 against Villanovese the year they won the double. First game of pre-season is about taking a look at some players and getting fitness. That’s it.

Porque

van Gaal too early for me, especially for pre seasons. But since Rijkaards days, I remember it being mostly clear wins against opponents better than this. I didn't watch this one very closely but it felt a pretty even game yeah.

Wasn't good. You would expect more individually from the wingers against this opposition. But this has been a pretty blue with the B team players for yeeeeears.

Gari

1st half is weak, 2nd half is stronger, there is a lot of work, the problems are the same. We make any opponent stronger, the main problem.

Porque

The list for the US tour

ter Stegen, Dest, Piqu?, Araujo, Sergio, Demb?l?, Pedri, Memphis, Ansu Fati, Nico, Jordi Alba, Ferran, Sergi Roberto, Frenkie De Jong, Eric, Aubameyang , Gavi, I?aki Pe?a, Pjanic, Collado, Kessie, Christensen, Raphinha, Arnau Tenas, Pablo Torre, Balde, Ez Abde, Casad?.

---

One surprise name there is Marc Casado. Hopefully he is not there for fullback cover and gets a few minutes at defensive midfield.

Home of Barca Fans