2022 Pre-Season - starts 4th July

Birdy

Observations from the Nevada El Classico, after watching the re-play of the whole game:

1) Score-line flattering a lot to Madrid. They had a couple of good chances (Valverde and Asensio) to score, but I counted not less than 5 BIG clear-cut Barca chances apart from the goal (Ansu, Lewa, Kessie, Dembele twice)

2) Araujo is Vinicius' Daddy.... :araujo::cool:
We know that since last season, but a reminder always welcome.
Having said that I don't want him to play RB. Even in situations where he needs to take care of particular player out wide, that can happen in the defensive phase only. It's odd when he receives at RB

3) Eric on the ball >>>>>>> Christensen on the ball

4) Friendly or not, Alba is always a liability at the back. Always eager to remind everyone

5) Balde is too raw. Loses possession easily and looks lost in decision making, despite his skills. Loan is the best option for him.

6) Frenkie will have to compete with Christensen for the 4th CB spot if he stays, and I am sure he knows that by now
Also Pique is gonna sit his sorry ass on the bench this season (FINALLY!!) if not in the rehab room

7) 2nd half was meh. We didn't exert as much control on the tempo of the game.

8) That 'future RM mid' of Tchouameni-Camavinga-Valderde was glorious to watch. Like 3 wild dogs without the ball running and ready to bite, and when one of them had the ball they didn't have a fucking clue in the world what to do with it :lol::lol:
Gonna mark an era for sure

9) Don't know what's up with Ancelotti and Alaba, but having Rudiger and playing him at LB is a crime of football that deserves charges against the offender...

FinBarcelonafan

btw, anyone else noticed around 90 minutes when Real crossed in front of the net, and Pique was late for the cross(leaving the Real player wide open in front of the net!) and just started putting his socks better like he did nothing wrong.. I thought he almost wanted Real to score because he usually always wins those balls.

Okay, crazy theory, but it looked odd to me. His behavior caught my eye for some reason.

Pique was obviously full of crap when he said, "I will leave when I am not a starter".

Zidane82

Soooo the new players who were on view for this match ... does that mean that they have already been registered ??

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Want to see this team in the first half: ter Stegen; Dest - Araujo - Christensen - Alba; Pedri, Nico, Kessie; Raphinha, Lewandowski, Ansu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Heck maybe even Frenkie as CDM :lol:

Surely in some of these pre-season games Xavi ought to try out Nico or Frenkie as a CDM with the rest of the starters. Kessie and Nico/Frenkie could even be a double pivot of some sort with Pedri having more freedom as a CAM.

serghei

All I want to see is Raphinha and Lewandowski starting. No Dembele or Auba. Both are subs for me, albeit very good ones. No shame in that. They will play enough as well.

Home of Barca Fans