Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

This guy is so good.

The biggest compliment I can give him is that he makes the position look piss easy.

So comfortable and press resistant.

Some of the Iniesta esque turns he did today took out 2 to 3 Betis players at once.

He can make those line breaking passes in his sleep. His penetrative passing is amazing.

Easily Barca's best Midfielder and truly World Class. Mooie wedstrijd!

Andresito

Staff member
Agree with all of you.

But I got a bit annoyed around the 50th minute, Frenkie with good space and time on the ball, Ferran makes a great run - no pass, Ferran's run opens up acres of space for Cancelo - no pass. Instead he played it safe to Felix.

Lack of vision or trying to control the tempo? Seeing and succeeding with that type of through passes would elevate his level further.

But yeah easily our most important mid right now.

Horatio

You're welcome
Agree with all of you.

But I got a bit annoyed around the 50th minute, Frenkie with good space and time on the ball, Ferran makes a great run - no pass, Ferran's run opens up acres of space for Cancelo - no pass. Instead he played it safe to Felix.

Lack of vision or trying to control the tempo? Seeing and succeeding with that type of through passes would elevate his level further.

But yeah easily our most important mid right now.
I saw that. Almost had me believe players were instructed to pick out Felix more often to have him build confidence. Frenkie definitely knew ferran was there.

Co0ter

Nah boys we're all wrong. He sucks. Sell him and bring in some "better" midfielders with the money. And Gavi can do what he does in his sleep anyway...!

😉🤫😘

JamDav1982

Will probably renew for an additional year or two soon.

Spread his deferred salary over 4/5 years rather than next two. Keep salary the same level or even decrease slightly with the balance of a 'low' buy out clause in a couple of years.

Porque

Incredible player. The cog to that makes the flexibility of the system work up to the final third.

Glad Xavi has worked him out and there are no doubts how to best use him now.

JamDav1982

Oriol Romeu: "Frenkie? We have a great relationship. He's kind and friendly. In the dressing room he is great, on the pitch, he's incredible. He always gives you the ball in the right conditions. He's one of the best players in Europe. He is a leader."

Aand he is kind as well... lad has the lot.

Porque

Every Thursday night Frenkie goes down to a soup kitchen in Canyelles and serves up fresh Erwtensoep for the Cities homeless. What a lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans