21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

With his injury being somewhat serious, he and Gavi may be back around the same time,so he won't have a few months of game time to establish himself in the starting XI.

This is the last year for him, I'm tired of the excuses, as of he's 20 years old,Finally put up or leave.

CatalinR10

GTLxTDwWYAA1xNr

dis tru ?

jamrock

It is but isn't, De jong salary includes Deferred wages, and lewa contract was back loaded when he signed to help us register him and reportedly he left some of his signing on bonus on the table to get it back towards the end.

Back loading is pretty standard in American sport these days, in order to go around the salary Cap.

It sucks when the player is 36 though.

De jong is probably on around 18m gross, give or take a few million, which is still too much.

companyofcules

GTLxTDwWYAA1xNr

dis tru ?
On our part yes, but with the rezidual payments included at least for FDJ, on their part just the regular castilian delusions.
Mbappe is earning much more. How much more is debatable. Messi earned only 34 before the leaks but here we are talking about bonuses for taking a shit, getting the dog out, stamping a contract and percentages of image rights.

Back to us, that's why I was against Xavi, beside being a deluded narcissist, he and Laporta did the exact opposite of what they said. Spent big, raised the salary cap while Xavi is X2 UEL and grinding results like he had the team of Koeman somehow getting credit for that.

Porque

The remnants of bad financial plays.

De Jong got his red panty night and won't give it up. Not until his wife's/girlfriends credit card bills are paid atleast.

jamrock

Practically I understand him not wanting leave his money on the table, much like lenglet and a few others, as you said remnants of a terrible decision by we all know who.

But dude just renegotiate your contract or come to some form of settlement and get transferred out, waiting to leave on a free is a dick move, but really he has all the leverage and his constant injuries isn't making it much easier.

Kul_z

Cant believe so much people hating on this lad here, summer in summer out, transfer window in and out. One thing that always crosses my mind is that when messi was still here he always looked for fdj when he got no space to attack. Let that sink in

khaled_a_d

I will hate him if he leaves for free.

Even if it happens, it will be a massive financial relief tbh.
With that said, I feel he might decide to leave next summer.
He will be coming from a serious ankle injury at 28, another injury like that can destroy his value even as free agent.
His amortization and deferred wage will be much lower, that even a 25M offer will cover both and be profitable for us, never mind saving his normal salary. And he can negotiate a good deal for himself.
With that said, there might be a bad blood between board and him that might make things play differently

Home of Barca Fans