21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

Pedri, Yamal, Lewa and Raphinha all look much better right now than they did last season under Xavi, especially Raphinha.

Kounde had a stinker previous game, but had been solid otherwise. Cubarsi looks comfortable under Flick, considering over the course of last season his performances were worsening, not improving. Add to that Pau, Bernal and Casado have all looked great in Flick's system as well. Balde is the only one who hasn't improved, but he was on a real long term injury, so he's difficult to evaluate fairly. Not to mention he was having a bad season last year under Xavi before the injury anyway.

Saying the entire squad looks uplifted and improved as whole under Flick wouldn't be an understatement, it'd just be the truth.

This type of football I think would suit De Jong better for sure, likely Gavi as well if he learns some discipline.

A much better statement, the team has improved, looks better.

Yea

Co0ter

I don't think Raphinha was bad last season, actually he had a really solid season with plenty of goal contributions even not playing that many minutes.

You could definitely say the new system seems to bring out his qualities much more, though.
Raphinha won a lot of points with some very key actions and goals, but his performances overall were poor and frustrating. Most of that was due to Xavi's tactics holding both him and many of our players back.

Watching him this season is night and day to watching him last season, anyone can see that. I'm very excited for the first time in a while, I hope our squad gets healthy and Flick has a similar affect on the likes of De Jong, Araujo and Gavi.

ajnotkeith

Raphinha won a lot of points with some very key actions and goals, but his performances overall were poor and frustrating. Most of that was due to Xavi's tactics holding both him and many of our players back.

Watching him this season is night and day to watching him last season, anyone can see that.
I agree he's better so far, part of it is also the game scheme, Flick as a coach is far more focused on getting the ball up quickly and attacking, with lots of freedom to move and make runs, whilst Xavi setup was a lot more conservative and focused on not conceding so attackers especially didn't get as much opportunity to show their qualities.

Kul_z

I don't think Raphinha was bad last season, actually he had a really solid season with plenty of goal contributions even not playing that many minutes.

You could definitely say the new system seems to bring out his qualities much more, though.
When you look at statistics of g+a per game, you could say he wasnt solid, he was great actually. But thats the same narrative serghei uses about xavi's historic liga title where you just know things were out of order and that we won it with tons of luck

Raphinha scored, assisted, but how many times you watched the game and he looked like pressure eaten diva in the moments that were crucial for the game to break, take a lead, get from behind? His link up play, his dribbling attempts on side line that usually ended with lost ball, his overall gameplay was painful to watch.

jamrock

Their is about 4 players you can make a legit argument for being utter shit last season.

Pena
Romeu
Cancelo
Araujo
Because they both fucked up in the CL.

And de jong.

Guess what none of them are playing right now.

None are playing right now, everyone play this season, they all had varying degree's of good season.

Imaging saying
Raphinha
Kounde
Yamal

Was any kind of poor last season 😂 😂

Last edited:

Kul_z

😂😂😂
This is forum, i can say whatever i want and shit on whoever i want until its by the rule. Talking about idiots while acting like a textbook example of one, nice job.

And yes, dont like rodri still, same like you clearly dont like fdj but i dont have a reason to spam his thread and shit on everyone who doesnt have the same opinion like me.

Put me on ignore please, maybe i could put you too because you're one of the most boring posters on here

JohnN

Do we need DeJong now? or does he destabilise the system? Perhaps in other tougher games he is of use? not sure any more.

Home of Barca Fans