Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

When you read headlines like this it makes you wonder

"Ronald Koeman replaces Micky van de Ven in Netherlands squad"

Could Koeman solve our injury crisis, would we be able to fit him into our salary cap?

Oh, and that journalism is dead too.

FCMessi

isn't the ultimatum surgery or playing through pain in two weeks ?

rather than I commend your ankle to heal in two weeks.

Windhook

Reports are surgery is the only option, conservative approach is not effective. After multiple knee injuries it's become chronic.

Should have had the surgery the moment he was dropped out of Netherlands squad before EURO 2024. Now the situation looks silly as he's about to pull a Scottie Pippen on Barca with an in season surgery.

Andresito

Staff member
Reports are surgery is the only option, conservative approach is not effective. After multiple knee injuries it's become chronic.

Should have had the surgery the moment he was dropped out of Netherlands squad before EURO 2024. Now the situation looks silly as he's about to pull a Scottie Pippen on Barca with an in season surgery.
There's been conflicting reports all summer really. Surgery would be disastrous but it wouldn't surprise me. We'd just need to survive in all comps until winter when Gavi, Araujo and FDJ are back. Big reinforcement. But you bet somebody else will be missing then.

There's optimism that both Frenkie de Jong and Ansu Fati will be available to Hansi Flick after the international break. @Mariio_RB

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If he needs surgery, how would we handle his contract situation and how would Frenkie view himself and his worth etc? Hope he doesn’t need it and we resolve his contract soon - but I have a bad feeling…

khaled_a_d

If he has to get surgery someone should be sacked. It's been 3 or 4 months now of him rehabbing.

Why? Players always prefer conservative treatment whenever possible.
This isn't a black or white situation, it is very common that the right course of action is conservative, and it is also common that it doesn't always work.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Curiously, Laporta mentioned Lewa was willing to reduce his salary.

Thank god Frenkie is one of the captains and Barca cucks and social media keep fawning over him like he did anything so I have no doubt Frenkie too offered the same..

Masetro10

Curiously, Laporta mentioned Lewa was willing to reduce his salary.

Thank god Frenkie is one of the captains and Barca cucks and social media keep fawning over him like he did anything so I have no doubt Frenkie too offered the same..
Play him 1 game and then they need to do to Frenkie what they did with Christensen and unregister him. Then he either gets with the program or he is frozen out and leaves in the summer.

Loki

Frenkie has improved a lot. He is expected to return to training, as reported a few days back, after the break. If he recovers well, it won’t take long for him to play again - but if things don’t go well, surgery would be needed, keeping him out for longer.
@Luis_F_Rojo

So he recovers well, but they still don't know how his ankle will react to pressure during the training. And then there's the problem that in training no one will actually takle him for real, while in the game another Valverde gonna crash fullspeed into his leg, so it's try out and see in his case from this point onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans