24 - Eric García

khaled_a_d

In 343 I don't see anyone replacing FDJ tbh, his pace and versatility is unmatched in the team tbh.
Garcia would be the LCB/RCB

Porque

Lazy journalism today from Marca. Talking about how the offer to Eric Garcia Is reduced compared to a year ago.

Bla,bla,bla. Obviously for a plethora of reasons.

xxxxxx

Lazy journalism today from Marca. Talking about how the offer to Eric Garcia Is reduced compared to a year ago.

Bla,bla,bla. Obviously for a plethora of reasons.

It isn't just Marca that's reporting it.

Then you're hearing that we can't even afford to get Depay in on a free unless we sell players.

mc_lovin

If Eric Garcia wants to join Bar?a, he will have to accept the new contract conditions. They lowered half of what was agreed at the time. [Gerard Romero]

Laporta aint fucking around :p Still hope he joins, but its hard to show a lot of sympathy.

Messi983

Barcelona have offered Eric Garcia a smaller wage than the one that was settled with Bartomeu's administration. The Catalan club waits for the player's decision. ? Marca

MD reports the same.

Good if true. Things have change over the last few months with Araujo (when fit) establishing himself and Mingueza's emergence so at this point I don't think the club sees Garcia as a future starter so adjusting his contract makes sense. Take it or leave it. If he really wants to return then he will if not I won't lose my sleep about him.

I also don't think Laporta actually rates him all that much.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Non story, if nothing else merely reflects the non-Bartomeu way of fiscal planning

The only news will be Eric Signing his first professional contract with his boyhood club where he has been developed

Plus, I am certain Laporta is thrilled to be getting Garcia back...even more so, for free, after having been tutored by the best coach for 3 seasons. Ideal signing

mc_lovin

What were the contract details before? I read something about 150k/week (and rising), which was absurd for a not established CB. He definitely should be at the lower end of our wage structure - and Laporta seems to agree. Bartomeu/Tusquets/Rosell are thankfully gone.

xXKonan

Good move by Laporta.

I'm not certain how big the wages that Barto offered him but it seemed pretty beefy for what it is going by Romero's tweet. He's a talent and from La Masia, but there's no reason to be offering an unproven CB like him beefy wages like that when we don't know if he's really an upgrade to what we already have.

I'm sure he will accept it if not, oh well then.

Andresito

Staff member
Smart move. There can be no place for egoism in this squad if they want to collectively be competitive.

Garcia, Messi, Dembele and Roberto if renewed should expect lower wages if they want to play at Barca next season.

clemente

Sucks for him but also for Laporta, not his fault Barto promised something unrealistic, I think both parties in the end will agree on something like 11m/year.

Home of Barca Fans