24 - Thomas Vermaelen

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Totally wrong game for Lucho to play him in. He's not going to get his confidence back this way.

God Serena

I'm torn if Song or Verm was the worst Zubi signing.

That's a pretty tough question. The mediocre DM signed to be our new CB or the mediocre CB who was injured for over a year and has gotten worse because of it?

I'd probably say Verm was worse. Not even being able to play for a year while already in his late 20's is a killer for me.

J

Jamie Cal

It was a nice gesture of Lucho to play him after the Malaga, but yeah, he was pretty poor. So many mistakes or things like passes back from Masche that he wasn't awake for. And when you've got Mathieu who has hardly played at left back lately and not particularly good there either, it makes things iffy to say the least.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Lucho did well to play him and regain confidence. And in second half he kinda picked himself up.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think Lucho did well to play him and regain confidence. And in second half he kinda picked himself up.

Agree. I didn't like it and still question whether Bartra should've been given a needed/deserved start but in the larger picture should boost the Belgian's confidence after a terrible performance against Malaga. Goal should've counted too

FC B

Sport says Chelsea might be interested in Verm, would be fantastic but for now I won't get my hopes up.

J

Jamie Cal

I wanted Verm to be good so badly. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for ages, but I just can't anymore. He's just terrible. I'd rather play Bartra instead of him. Gotta go come summer.

Home of Barca Fans