33 - Pau Cubarsí

Porque

Mediocre performance. You could clearly see the nerves and lack of experience at several points in the game. Him and Cancelo had a tough time against Dembele like I predicted.

Will be a big learning experience for him.

The first half was way too easy. In the regard that PSG were very passive in the press. Well Mbappe doesn't press, simple as that.

So Cubarsi was perfect. When PSG raised the tempo second half the team weren't adjusted, bar Araujo who is a pressure last ditch defender. It exposed Cubarsi lack of experience Abit in that spell. But he got it together well and finished strongly.

Huge experience game for him though, and luckily no moral destroying clangers like that lad in Old Truffle.

jamrock

To think that if Kounde stays and continues to play at RB.

Balde comes back from injury, which in typically Barca forum fashion is being doubted because of a dip in form in his 2nd full season 🤦, this place will never learn.

We would have built one of the worlds best defensive for basically 65m euros.

Kounde.araujo.curbarsi,balde.

Not to mention Faye, who will have a similar impact as balde and cubarsi in his first season, I guarantee it!.

jamrock

Kounde - Araujo - Cubarsi - Balde
J. Araujo - Christensen - Inigo/Faye - Fort

Basically whole defense for 70 millions.

Incredible work in the transfer market and la masia being clutch, J Araujo has been half decent the few times I've seen him in la Liga.

Wouldn't be a bad back up for lower level league games and the Copa first rounds.

companyofcules

For me is Kounde Aruajo Cubarsi Fort
Then Inigo, Balde, Faye and others can be backups. I don't think we should pay for Cancelo. He did helps in attack vs medium teams but we should focus on bringing 1 destroyer as DM and promoting a DM from La Masia. FDJ, Christensen and especially Roberto aren't that good.
If we have money to spare we should fix our attack too but we might go another year with a loan with Felix while using Vitor a Guiu more often.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
4 months ago there was talk Cubarsi could get minutes in Copa. 4 months ago only.
And look at him now against some of the best forwards in the world.

He's living a dream.

khaled_a_d

He was the youngest starter in a CL QF ever. Of course he won't play a perfect game against PSG. The experience he and Yamal are getting right now are priceless. Other players need 3-4 years to get that experience Cubarsi and Yamal are getting this season alone. They are on the fast lane and with 19-20 they will play these games already like seniors with ton of experience.

Huh? Yamal is younger than him and started same game with him.

KingLeo10

Mediocre performance. You could clearly see the nerves and lack of experience at several points in the game. Him and Cancelo had a tough time against Dembele like I predicted.

Will be a big learning experience for him.
This troll has been working overtime to shit on every Barca player besides Lewa for last night

Sit the fuck down, and let actual Barca fans appreciate all our players for the performance. :lol:

Temptation

This troll has been working overtime to shit on every Barca player besides Lewa for last night

Sit the fuck down, and let actual Barca fans appreciate all our players for the performance. :lol:
Still seething at Dembele's goal and RL9's performance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay mad you bum.

TheStig

Kounde - Araujo - Cubarsi - Balde
J. Araujo - Christensen - Inigo/Faye - Fort

Basically whole defense for 70 millions.

One could argue we can even sell Christensen and Inigo if we really trust Faye, Julian and Fort for next season. Kounde can always switch back to CB in case of injuries if Julian and Fort play good enough at RB. I know it's risky to have a defense so young but we could use that money for a DM and LW.

jamrock

Kounde
Cancelo
Araujo
Curbarsi
Christensen
Balde
Faye

Should be our defensive line for next season, we can go with 7 instead of 8 because we have some versatility with cancelo and Kounde, plus fort can move up when we need him to.

this way everyone plays and the competition for places is high which will keep them all sharp.

Martinez can go, hopefully we get some money for the defenders that are out on loan.

it we wanna sell Christensen because it's good business and keep Martinez and invest the money into DM that's also an option.

Home of Barca Fans