4 - Ronald Araújo

Andresito

Staff member
Araújo feels very good and will receive the medical green light next week. He'll be ready to face Celta Vigo. @fansjavimiguel

I also read he might even be in the squad for Antwerp game.

Temptation

Great to have him back. Say what you want about Kounde and Chris but this guy is one or two tiers above them.

Physically he's a beast. Immense combination of strength and pace.

But in terms of marking, tactical discipline and defensive positioning, Chistensen is a level above him as of now.

On the ball, both Kounde and Christensen are a level above him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Physically he's a beast. Immense combination of strength and pace.

But in terms of marking, tactical discipline and defensive positioning, Chistensen is a level above him as of now.

On the ball, both Kounde and Christensen are a level above him.
Okay, I read Andresitos post and as I was writing up my post I noticed yours and what I was about to say was identical. You know some ball…

Agree is a stretch to say he’s levels above. It’s just that he is able to deal with situations others can’t cause of great pace and height.

But defending in box the others are clearly more experienced and composed. Think Araujo is most likely to give away penalties.

But he’s the youngest so…

All in all really happy to have Araujo. i have been very critical of Kounde in past but defending in box he knows his ABC’s.

behindbrowneyes

Feel like he could've done better when Celta scored the second, but not a performance to be worried about. It was his first game after injury and definitely not an easy moment when he joined the game.

JamDav1982

He didnt play well but the defence was a shambles before he came on anyway.

Kounde and Christensen were just as bad with their shape and how much room gave Celta on break.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Araujo : “This win must be emphasized. We would have lost this game in previous years... We have to take into account where we came from."
- “I'm fine. It was just a cramp."
- “Playing alongside Koundé and Cancelo? Cancelo is a natural fullback and Kounde is a centre-back. It was important to add a player like Cancelo to the team."
- “I make a great pair with Kounde. We have a great defence and we all feel like a family here."
- “Whoever plays, we give our best."

We survived but apart from determination we played like dogshit.

vuji_31

Lack of control in midfield is what could costed us...

Our best midfield players dont play 6 games per season together, they are all injury prone except Gavi.

Home of Barca Fans