5 - Carles Puyol

Ohio Catalan

Yeah, I'm starting to get antsy about whether or not Puyol will be ready... Without either Pique or Puyol I'd have to assume that our back line is going to be a little ridiculous.

Chygrinskiy21

For a couple of years now I've started the season sadly believing Puyi was all but done, but time and time he proves his importance beyond technique, physique, tactical awareness, etc. All these are merely superficial details compared to his attitude and leadership, which are not replaceable in the short term... Pep should probably get Pique to do less Waka waka and make him more of a bad ass in the mould of Puyi

Galning

I think it will be impossible for Piqué to fill Puyol's shoes as captain. Maybe in a few years but I can't see it happening. Puyol is a one of a kind leader and it will take some yeasr before we'll have another captain like him, what a beast.

Silver

somebody said Puyol has a great technique. In fact thats wrong. Xavi once said that Puyol is one of the players of the squad with the lessest technique, but he's a great defender.

He's great in leading the defence, strong in the air, strong in 1vs1, great partnership with piqué and excellent in off side traps. Also he is very good in tackling and positioning. But never say puyol has outstanding technique :d.

Home of Barca Fans