5 - Iñigo Martínez

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

That's 3 really really bad performances in a row now, yet I'm sure Flick will start him again next week. At his best he was a serviceable player at a top club, but now with his age and injury ridden body, he is like the White Umtiti.

Don't want to be negative on Flick after what was, for me, a real good performance, but how can he think Inigo is a better option than AC? And how can he sanction the sale of Faye, who I'm sure would be no worse.

Another ridiculous transfer of an old finished player on a ridiculous wage, to add to Lewa and Gundo.

Masetro10

Ship to Saudi he literally rides off his past to get games. Which is the worst type of player to have. He is just OK which is bad.

jamrock

El mundo says S.A clubs are looking in his direction, would be great if someone put a big in for him money, so we have time to find a replacement.

Porque

It's Il Ittihad according to MD, who have Planes as their SD.

Wouldn't leave us with much coverage at CB. Araujo, Eric, Pau, Christensen, Kounde (RB) and of course GOAT DOM.

jamrock

Yea which is why if his true, we would need them to move fast, so we can get a replacement in.

If it's a end of the window move, we would have to pass until January.

JamDav1982

They are going to have to look at getting a RB in and getting Kounde more ready for cover at CB.

Cancelo will still be the plan probably and wouldnt be suprised if tied in some way to Garcia to Girona.

There is no way with this squad they can be looking at Cancelo as RB/LB when have Kounde/Balde there.. it has to be about Kounde more at CB surely.

Their plan all along was to sell Araujo and put Kounde back to CB. Injuries scuppered it.

JamDav1982

Another CB who could have been useful to at least try for this season would have been Chadi.

More pace than a lot of the others.

But lost control of him in deal made with Betis.

jamrock

A RB and moving Kounde to CB, would be the easiest choice with such little time, we already have cancelo on standby, we could get him and another inexpensive option if they don't believe fort is good enough to be a back up.

Side note, my mind tells me flick with like Larry.

If we get cancelo, balde will have to be the FB that stays back to form the back 3, but I don't trust cancelo to be the recovery defender the way I trust balde, who will catch up with most wingers, even if he's up field.

So flick would have to be very smart with his tactics, especially with how, just based on the Valencia game, he had the wingers coming in to press the opposition CBs.

Cancelo with no winger in front of him to help, isn't a great idea, one of the pivots will constantly be pulled to his side when defending.

JamDav1982

That is the better balance and suits Yamal and Raphinha more on the RW to allow that freedom.

The issue would then be what the width on the left is as dont have anyone in the squad that can do it and have no real LW.

Nico would have transformed this squad.

Could Raphinha do some kind of job staying wide and getting ball in? Maybe and he would have the workrate for it. Chiesa.. maybe.. but no cunt knows how good he still is and a lot of work in that role.

Home of Barca Fans