6 - Gavi

JamDav1982

As said on Gavi.. can be a headless chicken at time last season and leave gaps defensively...something he needs to calm down and work on.

As also said he played more or less a free role as AM in youth teams and can see he was not one given much positional training.

Hopefully this season is it and looks more mature already....Trying to be more disciplined.. improve positionally and not just chase anything that moves.

Xavi...

"Gavi is a very dynamic player, but struggles to maintain his position. He can run and press three players in a row and sometimes we have to stop him."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As said on Gavi.. can be a headless chicken at time last season and leave gaps defensively...something he needs to calm down and work on.

As also said he played more or less a free role as AM in youth teams and can see he was not one given much positional training.

Hopefully this season is it and looks more mature already....Trying to be more disciplined.. improve positionally and not just chase anything that moves.

Xavi...

"Gavi is a very dynamic player, but struggles to maintain his position. He can run and press three players in a row and sometimes we have to stop him."

And maintaining position is harder playing more centrally. Plus playing in a sort of double pivot.

That being said his qualities are better suited playing deeper than he had in previous seasons and I am more optimistic about his progress as a midfielder than left winger.

JamDav1982

Yeah he doesnt have the type of quality needed on ball to play AML to any great standard.... and to be fair to him that position on left is not what he grew up playing.

In midfield and learning to play within a system where can use his energy properly and at right times and he will be best can be.

Be agrressive at right times, use energy to pass well and be an option to make game easier for those around him. Even slowing down at times and understanding tempo of game,

Still think he can score more goals in box than does as he is brave and times ball well in air etc.. but again that comes down to calming down and not trying to chase every ball in sight.. which he is doing better this season.

Compared to FDJ/Pedri/Gundo he isnt on their level technically on the ball yet at least but can bring other things that are huge for team if balances out his aggressive all action approach to a bit more thought to it.

I think FDJ will be very good for him to learn from as will Gundo. Could see both were trying to help him positionally last night and importantly.. he semed to listen and learn.

jamrock

Great assist very good game.

The cancelo gavi midfield got played though, but I can understand why, the risk was worth it in the end.

JamDav1982

Not ready to play that deep without a midfielder beside him.

Good ball in for goal.

All over place and overly safe before it.

Needs to show more or that in final third.

mc_lovin

Not ready to play that deep without a midfielder beside him.

Good ball in for goal.

All over place and overly safe before it.

Needs to show more or that in final third.
Haha, moving the goal posts. He’s not a positional dm, crazy. Brought in tons of quality though.

KingHristo

I understand very well how frustrated people are with him, I mean he has this unique capacity to fuck up in one minute then make up for it in the next (or the other way around) but he's probably my favorite player of this current Barca and I want the guy to start always lol... Just hope he won't be seeing any reds anytime soon xD

ajnotkeith

Better recently. Probably to do with the fact that he is playing midfield now.

But still was getting spun and turned like a pretzel on some attacks and made a mistake leading to a goal.

JamDav1982

Good ball in for goal which he needs to show more of.

His positioning was awful and needs to be more progressive with ball and show more range also.

JamDav1982

Haha, moving the goal posts. He’s not a positional dm, crazy. Brought in tons of quality though.

Nah no 'goal posts' moved whatsoever.

Do better.

Did not bring in 'tons of quality' at all but that ball in was good and what he needs to do more of.

Positionallly was terrible as a CM/DM whatever he was trying to do.

Home of Barca Fans