6 - Gavi

JamDav1982

Wolfie claims Gavi only there due to Barca bias and Brahim Diaz is better and only not there as has connections to Real.

Delusion.

ajnotkeith

Maturity beyond his years. So composed for 17 completely at odds with his first games in the first-team. Already improving a lot.

vegitot

Lots of agression (and fouls), no sign of technical ability though.

Promising first half, especially this is his debut.

ajnotkeith

Lots of agression (and fouls), no sign of technical ability though.

Promising first half, especially this is his debut.

Looks like to me he isn't really the weak technical midfielder people have claimed he is. He looks more like a b2b to me.

Every time I watch in the positives I'm taking away is workrate and duels. He is a good passer but nothing crazy. He may actually be a more defensive player.

Seems to excel defensively, doesn't do a lot offensively but is great in his role. And of course 17.

vegitot

Looks like to me he isn't really the weak technical midfielder people have claimed he is. He looks more like a b2b to me.

Every time I watch in the positives I'm taking away is workrate and duels.

He plays with attitude and a lot of agression. But honestly his passes, his touches are not something from a technical midfielder. But this is only the first half.

I'm surprised that he isn't booked. He fouls the most.

ajnotkeith

He plays with attitude and a lot of agression. But honestly his passes, his touches are not something from a technical midfielder. But this is only the first half.

I'm surprised that he isn't booked. He fouls the most.

Was scrolling through La Masia accounts talking about him, comparing him to Thiago and Isco and I'm like... that's just not what I'm seeing lol.

He seems like a combative aggressive midfielder that gets into a lot of duels and works hard defensively.

JamDav1982

He is technically very good.

Has taken ball in way to leave Italy players going other direction numerous times that half.

vegitot

Was scrolling through La Masia accounts talking about him, comparing him to Thiago and Isco and I'm like... that's just not what I'm seeing lol.

He seems like a combative aggressive midfielder that gets into a lot of duels and works hard defensively.

Me too. That's weird. Thiago and Isco have street football as their DNA, spectacular technique, especially Isco. Porque once mentioned Gavi has flair like Thiago but so far i don't see anything yet.

ajnotkeith

We literally never produce midfielders like this that are 'box-to-box'. If anything I'd hope he can maybe grow a inch or two and put on some muscle and he could be a great DM in the future. Need players like him at DM not rocks that never move.

mc_lovin

"Some lucky boys just born with a talent for violence." :lol:

On a serious note, I am happy that he has the same tenaciousness Iniesta had (and Denis, Alena etc pp didn't). Pedri is a fantastic ball winner, but lacks on that front as well. No idea when Iniesta developed this part of his game.

Home of Barca Fans