7 - Ferran Torres

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Depay is not a winger, end of story. He has no position in Xavi's set-up. Only as a false 9 but he has been poor there for us

jamrock

Depay cant play as a winger the way Xavi has team set up.

Slower than Torres, worse dribbler, less consistent touch and doesnt press as well.

That is why Xavi will keep Torres not because he is scared of being wrong.

Better passer, better finisher, can actually create something off the Dribble & out of nothing.

Not a perfect winger but a overall better plan that Torres, that's undeniable.

But like I said xavi clearly trying to give torres confidence, making runs that any competent player at the highest level would make does doesn't make him anything more than a decent bench option.

JamDav1982

Better passer, better finisher, can actually create something off the Dribble & out of nothing.

Not a perfect winger but a overall better plan that Torres, that's undeniable.

But like I said xavi clearly trying to give torres confidence, making runs that any competent player at the highest level would make does doesn't make him anything more than a decent bench option.

Ferran is the more consistent player to play out wide. Depay is more of maverick that can lose ball 20 times then put one in top corner.

Can see why Xavi wont play him wing and not a better wide player for what Xavi wants and nothing to do with Xavi not wanting to be wrong.

Devils

My biggest worry about him is that he's not fast and can't dribble past his marker most of the time so he resorts to back passes.

I like his movement and think that he will eventually sort out his finishing, which will be good...but his lack of speed and dribbling kind of limits his involvement during play on the wing.

I feel like he will become a player like Alexis Sanchez was for us. Will score and assist, but also frustrating a lot of the time.

FinBarcelonafan

My biggest worry about him is that he's not fast and can't dribble past his marker most of the time so he resorts to back passes.

I like his movement and think that he will eventually sort out his finishing, which will be good...but his lack of speed and dribbling kind of limits his involvement during play on the wing.

I feel like he will become a player like Alexis Sanchez was for us. Will score and assist, but also frustrating a lot of the time.

Exactly. He is bit very useful when he receives the ball on side.

serghei

Not a problem really. Most top players aren't really dribbling crazy. Ferran can beat a man, just not in a type of 1 vs 1 clear old-school type of duel. It's his finishing that is letting him down. With proper finishing, he's on quite a few goals. Could have had about 4 goals in the last 3 games.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think BBZ has said it once, he looks above average in every aspect. There is no aspect (dribbling, finishing, passing) where you can say he is very good there.

serghei

I think BBZ has said it once, he looks above average in every aspect. There is no aspect (dribbling, finishing, passing) where you can say he is very good there.

Look at the bright side. A complete player that has no weak points :lol:.

Seriously, he's young, talented, will grow with the team. Too bad we didn't get him from Valencia and had to overpay.

behindbrowneyes

Look at the bright side. A complete player that has no weak points :lol:.

Seriously, he's young, talented, will grow with the team. Too bad we didn't get him from Valencia and had to overpay.

True, but I doubt he would be the player he is now without Pep.

34M for the then 20yo was also a lot.

Home of Barca Fans