7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Porque

I remember watching him live when he had his loan spell at Espanyol. He was around the same level as Alena is now. Take of that what you will.

Sign him for 100m and put a 222.5m buyout clause on him, then wait for Neymar and PSG to bite in a season or two. Easy money. :D

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think he is.

We'll probably sign Sissoko from Tottenham on the 31st and say he's our midfield signing.

Every team have finished up their transfer business, more or less, while the dumbasses we have are still monitoring players.

wisconsincule

Not sure how I feel about this. Are we signing him to replace Iniesta or Neymar?? I think he can eventually replace Iniesta as our creative midfielder. Still want Dembele to replace Neymar.

Trickykid

Not sure how I feel about this. Are we signing him to replace Iniesta or Neymar?? I think he can eventually replace Iniesta as our creative midfielder. Still want Dembele to replace Neymar.

All rumors point at us chasing both Coutinho and Dembele, so I'm guessing it'll be for the Iniesta spot.

denn

ffs, the club wants Coutinho and Dembele, that's already been told.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If he is coming as our replacement for Neymar, I will be extremely disappointed. If he is the midfield signing that Barto promised and Dembele also comes, then it's something completely different. That would be a really good transfer window.

Only thing I don't like is the rumoured price. Way too much with 100M plus variables.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

CM but signing him gives us options. You can start him vs. the likes of Real, Juve both as CM and LA although I prefer him as CM. Could give us also bit power while negotiating for a LA because "we have a price limit and if you don't sell him to us we'll have Coutinho anyway".

jairzinho

If he is coming as our replacement for Neymar, I will be extremely disappointed. If he is the midfield signing that Barto promised and Dembele also comes, then it's something completely different. That would be a really good transfer window.

Only thing I don't like is the rumoured price. Way too much with 100M plus variables.

He isn't coming for Neymar. The Don is slowing down. Coutinho will fill that spot. Dembele will play at LW. The market is inflated and it's August already. We have to pay up for clubs to part with their players at this late stage. Plus everyone knows we have 222m plus to spend.

Home of Barca Fans