7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Professor Chaos

Idk if he's worth €75M but if he comes next summer, he definitely would be a replacement for getting older Iniesta. No doubt about it. I think that transfer will mean Turan move out to China for at least €30M. Otherwise no chances. We don't have that amount of money to afford this transfer. We had to sell Cesc and Sanchez to buy Suarez.

Co0ter

Next Fabregas

Except they are two totally different players. Fabregas required everyone around him to suit his style of play to shine. Not to mention we intended for him to play CM, and when he couldn't we forced him into false 9 and he is both small, weak and slow as a turtle. As soon as he didn't adjust to CM we were doomed with him in the squad.

Coutinho has work rate, finishing, pace and is able to dribble/take on defenders. He can defend every inch as good as Iniesta and has shown he is willing to work hard and press both under Rodgers and Klopp. He wouldn't be a bad signing, especially if we intended to play the same type of midfield where our LM would be slightly more adventurous than our RM. If we had a more defensive LB then he'd have more freedom. However, there are options with Coutinho. The only problem is we have a multitude of midfielders already and none of them really stand out from the next in our squad. The only person I feel could grow into LM is Denis Suarez, who has a lot of maturing and improving to do first. Coutinho is at another level already and has clearly shown that though.

Last edited:

Co0ter

Denis deserves a chance this season and Alena should get some minutes next season.

He will get his chance, Klopp would never sell Coutinho in the winter when he's performing at this level and LFC is in a serious position to fight for the league and CL spot. We'll have plenty of time to see how Gomes and Denis adapt as CMs. I think Arda has already displayed enough for us to know he's looking for a retirement home. He did good on LW earlier this season, but we can't keep a player like him around incase we need him to play at LW and have him walking around, not doing much whenever he plays CM. Rafinha is left footed, so he's an attacking option for RM or RW if needed. Roberto is a RB until further notice.

I just don't see Gomes as a good fit to play with Rakitic, if anything he'd be suited to play Rakitic's role at RM. Both of them together are just too slow, non explosive players who are both below average finishers and dribblers, with decent vision at best. The midfield is just static with both of them. Besides Iniesta, Denis is the only player with characteristics to flourish in LM imo, and the question is out if he has the quality to START for Barca there.

FYI- I agree, a RB is priority...that's the position I wanted to sign a starter for last summer. Instead we got Gomes and Paco as our big signings...both players we didn't need. Especially Paco.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Nah, I don't think he would get Fabregased, he is totally different type of a player and our midfield is tottaly different today.

This season will provide some answers. After this season it should be clear who is our long term prospect Denis or Rafinha and Arda will most probably go ofter this season so we will have clearer picture this summer.

Regarding Alena, kid will get his chance. Rafinha and Denis got it and so will he.

jamrock

We don't need him?! What.

Buy him!

Sell, rakitic, Denis, paco,arda.

Bring him in plus one other player in his mid 20's, that's a proven star.

No more I hope he turns into something special like gomes and the likes.

It's time to build for the future in a way that actually makes sense. We have to think about replacing iniesta in a few years.

Coutinho and gomez, maybe able to turn into a top midfield in the future, or we can play him on the left and replace Neymar, (yes I said replace Neymar).

We should also try to get reus off durtmond.

With those 2/3 signings we will be set.

No need to buy 4/5 young players. Get two class players like we did with Suarez and rakitic and it changes the entire team dynamics.

Home of Barca Fans