7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

kattanib

A shy guy I can tell. This is good. I like his long range shoots.

Don't mistake being an introvert for being shy.

Introverts lose energy as they interact with people, and thus need to retreat more frequently in order to reenergize. They prefer not to handle a lot of external stimulus all at once, and enjoy one on one or small group hangouts. His mbti is probably ISTP

Last edited:

El Flaco

Coutinho's interview with BarcaTV that was broadcasted during this evening

[tw]950822921366396930[/tw]

Several quotes from various of topics Coutinho spoke about

- Coutinho: "One of the reasons I came to play for Barça was for a chance to play with Lionel Messi. Knowing that I'll get to play with Lionel Messi is incredible; it's a great honor. I'm very happy to have the opportunity to meet him."

- Coutinho: "Following the footsteps of Ronaldinho? It's hard to compare me with him. Ronaldinho made history here and if I could repeat just a bit of his success, it would be incredible."

- Coutinho: "Barcelona was always my dream. I'm very happy to play for this great club which has always welcomed Brazilians, and I hope to repeat their success here. Barça have a lot of history and titles. Those who play and pass through Barça are happy. When I was a kid, I would be running home from school so I could be able to watch Barcelona games."

- Coutinho: "I am a quiet person. I work hard for my dreams so I can get things that I love. I am very dedicated to football, which is my passion."

- Coutinho: "My family is very important to me, they are the basis of everything for me. My wife and daughter have always been with me. My parents have always been on my side. My parents are very happy to see me wearing the jersey of such a big club. We are all very happy. When I was young, my father always worked hard so we would not be able to miss anything. My mother stayed more at home to take care of the family. I have two brothers, one who lived away from home and one who lived with us for a very long time."

- Coutinho: "I started playing indoor football at Vasco da Gama since I was 6 years old. It was our life. My parents lived for football. They took me to every game I played. My father always supported me a lot."

- Coutinho: "Futsal is a sport that helps a lot because the spaces are short and you have to control the ball well and think faster. It helps the players a lot. It was difficult for me to change from futsal to the field, as they say in Brazil, but that's in the past. We trained 2 or 3 times a week at night for futsal and we played on Sundays. It was a great time for children; we were very small. As I grew up, I started to combine the 2 sports in the morning and evening; training and playing. I didn't want to leave futsal, but there was a moment where I had to stop and decide what I wanted to do."

- Coutinho: "My parents did not want to change houses until recently. They built it with many sacrifices. They liked it and they didn't want to leave, but it was a very dangerous area and they had to leave. I still have friends there, but it's too dangerous."

- Coutinho: "Football has given me everything. I have conquered some things thanks to football; I live in a safe country thanks to football. Barcelona is a very big city and I'll be able to help my family, which is very important."

- Coutinho: "Mediterranean International Cup? It was a dream. When you start playing football in Brazil, you want to be the best and wear the jerseys of big clubs and the national team, like the Brazilian idols. It was probably my first plane trip, we were champions both times. We had little time to know things. We were very young and we didn't leave the hotel; we stayed together. We went to the stadium to meet Ronaldinho. We all took photographs with him, it was a great day. In Brazil, the fields aren't very good. Over there, they were perfect and the rivals were very good. We won 2 championships with great memories."

- Coutinho: "I started to realize I was going to be a professional player when I signed my first contract with a club in Europe when I was 16; it was Inter Milan. I was very young. I did see that things were getting more serious, but it was very difficult for a young man who came from another culture and left everything he knew. I came with my parents and girlfriend, who is now my wife. Milan seemed very big, the club won many championships. It was a very good experience, but it was very difficult. I needed support from my family or else it would have been like death."

- Coutinho: "Barcelona is incredible. It looks like my city, Rio de Janeiro, because it has a beach, it is not cold and there's sun almost every day. I played at Espanyol for 5 months and I liked it very much, although I could not know too much since it was a very short time. We lived near the sea in Diagonal Mar. Now I'll be more interested in the history of the city since I'll be here for much longer."

- Coutinho: "Leaving Inter was the year I got married. We started to live alone without my parents. I was at Inter for a short time and then I joined Liverpool. I lived very happy moments. If it were not for my wife or my parents nothing would be the same. Maybe I would not be in a great club if they weren't by my side. They are very important to me."

- Coutinho: "Because of the language in England, it was a bit different, but the people in Liverpool were very similar to the people in Rio. They were always smiling, cheerful. I adapted quickly thanks to Lucas Leiva and Luis Suárez. They helped me with everything. I always talk about Steven Gerrard and Luis Suárez with a special affection. I learned a lot from Steven. He's a great person, an idol, and a great player; he helped me a lot.

- Coutinho: "For Luis, I have nothing to say. We are very good friends and he has shown the world the player he is. We were very happy when we played together. Castilian, for example, I wasn't able to speak that very well, but I understood almost everything thanks to Luis."

- Coutinho: "I lived experiences in Liverpool that are very important to me. They helped me grow; they enriched me. I come here to work on the field and during training. I want to meet the expectations that are set and I hope everything goes well."

- Coutinho: "I remember Barça winning a lot of titles. When you asked me this, I don't know why, but Belletti's goal came to my head. Barça were losing and they won 2-1. It was the Champions League final."

- Coutinho: "Tattoos? I have many. The one I like the most is my daughter's. I have the name of my wife and parents, which were the first ones that I did. I also have a phrase on me that's in Spanish, 'Never stop dreaming.' I have many that I like. I have a tattoo of Minnie, which is also worn by my wife since my daughter loves it."

- Coutinho: "When I enter the field, I thank God for my health and the opportunities that he has given me. It is not a superstition."

El Flaco

- At 1:11:30 minute mark: Coutinho enters into Camp Nou pitch for presentation

- At 1:29:45 minute mark: Coutinho & Bartomeu writing down some papers + speech

- At 2:02:30 minute mark: Coutinho & Jordi Mestre at press conference

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Coutinho's interview with BarcaTV that was broadcasted during this evening

[tw]950822921366396930[/tw]

Several quotes from various of topics Coutinho spoke about

- Coutinho: "One of the reasons I came to play for Barça was for a chance to play with Lionel Messi. Knowing that I'll get to play with Lionel Messi is incredible; it's a great honor. I'm very happy to have the opportunity to meet him."

- Coutinho: "Following the footsteps of Ronaldinho? It's hard to compare me with him. Ronaldinho made history here and if I could repeat just a bit of his success, it would be incredible."

- Coutinho: "Barcelona was always my dream. I'm very happy to play for this great club which has always welcomed Brazilians, and I hope to repeat their success here. Barça have a lot of history and titles. Those who play and pass through Barça are happy. When I was a kid, I would be running home from school so I could be able to watch Barcelona games."

- Coutinho: "I am a quiet person. I work hard for my dreams so I can get things that I love. I am very dedicated to football, which is my passion."

- Coutinho: "My family is very important to me, they are the basis of everything for me. My wife and daughter have always been with me. My parents have always been on my side. My parents are very happy to see me wearing the jersey of such a big club. We are all very happy. When I was young, my father always worked hard so we would not be able to miss anything. My mother stayed more at home to take care of the family. I have two brothers, one who lived away from home and one who lived with us for a very long time."

- Coutinho: "I started playing indoor football at Vasco da Gama since I was 6 years old. It was our life. My parents lived for football. They took me to every game I played. My father always supported me a lot."

- Coutinho: "Futsal is a sport that helps a lot because the spaces are short and you have to control the ball well and think faster. It helps the players a lot. It was difficult for me to change from futsal to the field, as they say in Brazil, but that's in the past. We trained 2 or 3 times a week at night for futsal and we played on Sundays. It was a great time for children; we were very small. As I grew up, I started to combine the 2 sports in the morning and evening; training and playing. I didn't want to leave futsal, but there was a moment where I had to stop and decide what I wanted to do."

- Coutinho: "My parents did not want to change houses until recently. They built it with many sacrifices. They liked it and they didn't want to leave, but it was a very dangerous area and they had to leave. I still have friends there, but it's too dangerous."

- Coutinho: "Football has given me everything. I have conquered some things thanks to football; I live in a safe country thanks to football. Barcelona is a very big city and I'll be able to help my family, which is very important."

- Coutinho: "Mediterranean International Cup? It was a dream. When you start playing football in Brazil, you want to be the best and wear the jerseys of big clubs and the national team, like the Brazilian idols. It was probably my first plane trip, we were champions both times. We had little time to know things. We were very young and we didn't leave the hotel; we stayed together. We went to the stadium to meet Ronaldinho. We all took photographs with him, it was a great day. In Brazil, the fields aren't very good. Over there, they were perfect and the rivals were very good. We won 2 championships with great memories."

- Coutinho: "I started to realize I was going to be a professional player when I signed my first contract with a club in Europe when I was 16; it was Inter Milan. I was very young. I did see that things were getting more serious, but it was very difficult for a young man who came from another culture and left everything he knew. I came with my parents and girlfriend, who is now my wife. Milan seemed very big, the club won many championships. It was a very good experience, but it was very difficult. I needed support from my family or else it would have been like death."

- Coutinho: "Barcelona is incredible. It looks like my city, Rio de Janeiro, because it has a beach, it is not cold and there's sun almost every day. I played at Espanyol for 5 months and I liked it very much, although I could not know too much since it was a very short time. We lived near the sea in Diagonal Mar. Now I'll be more interested in the history of the city since I'll be here for much longer."

- Coutinho: "Leaving Inter was the year I got married. We started to live alone without my parents. I was at Inter for a short time and then I joined Liverpool. I lived very happy moments. If it were not for my wife or my parents nothing would be the same. Maybe I would not be in a great club if they weren't by my side. They are very important to me."

- Coutinho: "Because of the language in England, it was a bit different, but the people in Liverpool were very similar to the people in Rio. They were always smiling, cheerful. I adapted quickly thanks to Lucas Leiva and Luis Suárez. They helped me with everything. I always talk about Steven Gerrard and Luis Suárez with a special affection. I learned a lot from Steven. He's a great person, an idol, and a great player; he helped me a lot.

- Coutinho: "For Luis, I have nothing to say. We are very good friends and he has shown the world the player he is. We were very happy when we played together. Castilian, for example, I wasn't able to speak that very well, but I understood almost everything thanks to Luis."

- Coutinho: "I lived experiences in Liverpool that are very important to me. They helped me grow; they enriched me. I come here to work on the field and during training. I want to meet the expectations that are set and I hope everything goes well."

- Coutinho: "I remember Barça winning a lot of titles. When you asked me this, I don't know why, but Belletti's goal came to my head. Barça were losing and they won 2-1. It was the Champions League final."

- Coutinho: "Tattoos? I have many. The one I like the most is my daughter's. I have the name of my wife and parents, which were the first ones that I did. I also have a phrase on me that's in Spanish, 'Never stop dreaming.' I have many that I like. I have a tattoo of Minnie, which is also worn by my wife since my daughter loves it."

- Coutinho: "When I enter the field, I thank God for my health and the opportunities that he has given me. It is not a superstition."

Very likeable guy - So much importane to family

Home of Barca Fans