8 - Pedri

mc_lovin

How about we just enjoy the best 18 years old midfielder I have ever seen at the club and don't compare him to anyone? We will see where he ends up.

Bobo32

How about we just enjoy the best 18 years old midfielder I have ever seen at the club and don't compare him to anyone? We will see where he ends up.

You're too young for Messi?
I thought Thiago was much better too tbh.
Iniesta looked better too, but wasn't given the trust Pedri got.

I think Pedri is great (I thought so also from the clips from Las Palmas and was a bit hyped beforehand) and I think I should remind everyone.
Just because I am a bit disappointed by the extreme over-trust and seemingly lack of instruction by Koeman, it doesn't mean that I don't agree that he is very promising and good.

JamDav1982

Messi wasnt a midfielder and Thiago at 18 was not even in first team or second tier.

Throwing out names never watched. The Bobo classic. 'I always rated Iniesta'.

Bobo32

Good boy!
Yes I watched both Thiago and Iniesta at 18 (Fabregas too). I think all of them shone more clearly than Pedri, let us see how all this plays out! (maybe someone will lol in your face when you say that Pedri shone more clearly at 18 than "Jose Gonzalez" 10 years from now?)

mc_lovin

Good boy!
Yes I watched both Thiago and Iniesta at 18 (Fabregas too). I think all of them shone more clearly than Pedri, let us see how all this plays out! (maybe someone will lol in your face when you say that Pedri shone more clearly at 18 than "Jose Gonzalez" 10 years from now?)

:lol:

Porque

I think Bojans max potential "technically" was somewhere around David Villas level.
Villa obviously was a mental giant, whereas Bojan maybe wasn't? It's tought to speculate.
I don't know that much about his anxiety problems, but it was clear that he suffered from the extreme expectations, just from the outside. From the little I saw from Stoke, he really showed some class from a more withdrawn position.
I see that he'll play with Iniesta and Samper now? He is only 31 still...

Everything looks fine for Pedri right now, he has gotten the trust from a couple of managers and everything goes well. Let's compare him to Fabregas instead maybe?

Probably closer to someone like Werner but had finishing. He pulled out of the Euro08 squad selection because of anxiety issues and that was the first big warning. No doubt induced from the pressure and expectations as you say. Can't be easy and not every kid can be an Ansu or Pedri (or Cesc for that matter). But I guess that is what separates who makes it and who does not.

May even go a level down with Pedri. Someone like Ramsey in terms of having a complete game at a young age, mostly down to his maturity on the pitch but not excelling in prominent game areas. Coaches love him though so there is more than meets the eye.

mc_lovin

Bobo claiming watched Thiago and Iniesta at 18.

Fantasist.

It doesn't matter if he did or didn't. I don't respect his opinion, he's a clown. Like the other dude with the letter B and numbers in his name. Usually I don't try to engage with them. It's useless. I would rather talk to a wall.

Bobo32

Probably closer to someone like Werner but had finishing. He pulled out of the Euro08 squad selection because of anxiety issues and that was the first big warning. No doubt induced from the pressure and expectations as you say. Can't be easy and not every kid can be an Ansu or Pedri (or Cesc for that matter). But I guess that is what separates who makes it and who does not.

May even go a level down with Pedri. Someone like Ramsey in terms of having a complete game at a young age, mostly down to his maturity on the pitch but not excelling in prominent game areas. Coaches love him though so there is more than meets the eye.

Yeah I remember about 2008, some people back then said it was a sign of maturity in a way that he didn't go...
I don't want to speculate too much about his or other players mental health, but I think that if you disregard that, he was vastly overrated, and then underrated, by roughly the same people.

We see an extreme example of the same thing with the user "vegitot" here (wrt Puig), but I can easily see the same thing happening with some people rating Pedri very highly right now.

Bobo32

It doesn't matter if he did or didn't. I don't respect his opinion, he's a clown. Like the other dude with the letter B and numbers in his name. Usually I don't try to engage with them. It's useless. I would rather talk to a wall.

Ironically, talking to you just now has been very much like talking to a (laughing) wall.

I usually don't call people clowns, but try to engage in the discussion in a respectful way!

Zidane82

OK Diario*journalist*Eduardo Inda appeared on*El Chiringuito
(via*Sport Witness)
to state the name of Liverpool?s MAIN transfer target.

Now the journalist claims the Reds are plotting an ambitious move for Barcelona star Pedri in a potentially-explosive deal.
?Liverpool and City want the most spectacular promise of Spain and European football: Pedri. His contract expires*at the end of June, although Barcelona have an automatic renewal clause.?

The report continued by saying that Liverpool are prepared to pay*?100m (?86m) for Pedri. That fee would shatter the ?75m record fee paid to Southampton for Virgil van Dijk back in December 2018.

Home of Barca Fans