9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I hope he doesn't start. Get him on later if needed but I don't have high hopes about him performing well today.

Messi_Goal

I said a few days ago I think its nailed on he starts and I'm not changing my mind, He wont be 100% match fit but the way people are going on is though he hasn't kicked a ball since the world cup.....Hes been training hard and he has actually played in games recently.
Quote these comments later.....Suarez will start today in the El Classico.

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I said a few days ago I think its nailed on he starts and I'm not changing my mind, He wont be %100 match fit but the way people are going on is though he hasn't kicked a ball since the world cup.....Hes been training hard and he has actually played in games recently.
Quote these comments later.....Suarez will start today in the El Classico.

Well, ofcourse it's Lucho's decision. He can definitely start too. It's 50-50. But technically a lot of risks involved plus a very crucial match like this. Hope it doesn't fuck up the team combination/understanding + match fitness + form ( which is all clouds now, even lucho has no idea about his current form because lack of real-time minutes). I hope I'm wrong but very tricky nonetheless.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Luis Suarez scored in his first games with Ajax (De Graafschap, August 2007) and Liverpool (Stoke, February 2011) #fcblive [via marca]

Chainsaw

Killahead
Well, ofcourse it's Lucho's decision. He can definitely start too. It's 50-50. But technically a lot of risks involved plus a very crucial match like this. Hope it doesn't fuck up the team combination/understanding + match fitness + form ( which is all clouds now, even lucho has no idea about his current form because lack of real-time minutes). I hope I'm wrong but very tricky nonetheless.

What other better options do you think Barca has beside Suarez? Starting Pedro?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
My predictions: Suarez will play average due to not being used to the team and getting thrown into a clasico in his first official match. Forum will go on a rampage because he didn't score or played like a god which seem to be the expectations.

I agree that there's a good chance he won't be clicking to a level of full force (and if Madrid compress enough space to keep us from the final third, his impact will be minimal). Even then, in the selective moments where we can break through and get forward Suarez will be very difficult to mark and can pull something out that decides the match. When a dumb brute like Ramos is playing and Madrid's defense collapses often anyway, Suarez is the kind of guy you want to capitalize on those chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans