9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

This guy is the best goal scorer on the planet. Huge signing.

Now just get Kounde and Azpi and call it a summer.

fergus90

To think a year ago, the GOAT left and Barca were looking at a Jutgla-Depay-Abde front line.

Now Lewangoalski and Raphinha have arrived. Let’s go!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am legit a bit stunned. I am sure he had offers from better clubs on the table. What made him choose Barca? Does he know how bad our team has been since Messi left?

I am sure he will have a positive impact, and we can be legit frontrunners for the league assuming he stays healthy.

Also how the fuk did we afford him???

Because we are absolutely massive.

Barcilliant

Three years ago I would have been legit excited about this but I just feel meh about this.
Let's hope he's really motivated and Xavi gets the best out of him. He has the platform to get the global recognition he craves.

Tackle

Damn, what a fucking signing.

A LW on his last legs turned makeshit ST that could not play with his back to goal or link up (Auba) totally transformed our side.

We have the quality out wide and in the middle of the park to give Lewa regular chances.

No reason why we should not be competitive in every competition this season. Not excuses for Xavi.

El Gato

Villarato!
Eh, heard that too often. Don't think Ronaldo aged particularly well either. Have more hope about a #9 though than a winger/inverted forward. He's not as technical as the prime example though (Benzema).

Karim 'should' age worse IMO
Just based off body type and style
It takes agility to play the way he does and gets harder and harder to maintain balance and accuracy throughout each season as you get older

Lewa is also bit more keen to keep setting records.
Benzema I think only keeps this up in hope to contribute his best form to a national team success at this stage of his career
That and sort that La Liga record which is the only table he's still behind Raul
Whereas Lewa knows he won't get anywhere with his and at this point just wants to collect that BDO he got snubbed off.
And prove he can go in a better league

No one knows how Benz will react after BDO either and lot rests on WC
I reckon if France flop in winter, Karim will continue trying for Euro in Germany but he'll be 36 by then

CR finish hasn't been the same since 2018 when he turned 34
We'll see what kind of trajectory you can expect but I think to Lewa fitness is as much a ritual as to others

Last edited:

Temptation

I am legit a bit stunned. I am sure he had offers from better clubs on the table. What made him choose Barca? Does he know how bad our team has been since Messi left?

I am sure he will have a positive impact, and we can be legit frontrunners for the league assuming he stays healthy.

Also how the fuk did we afford him???

Other options realistically were PSG and Chelsea.

PSG is a no brainer. Only money hungry mercenaries go there. Crap place to go.

Barca are bigger than Chelsea. Way more media coverage.

He can be the main man and a hero if he prrforms well.

It's great exposure for his brand. Plus Sunny Spain!

FinBarcelonafan

To think a year ago, the GOAT left and Barca were looking at a Jutgla-Depay-Abde front line.

Now Lewangoalski and Raphinha have arrived. Let?s go!!

True true.

I have to say, I wasn't initially that excited about Lewa, but now? He does add insane quality to this team.. Wow. Let's goooo

fergus90

True true.

I have to say, I wasn't initially that excited about Lewa, but now? He does add insane quality to this team.. Wow. Let's goooo

I just never thought it would actually happen so downplayed it but now it’s reality I’m buzzing.

Best number 9 in world football.

Temptation

A City fan on Bluemoon Forum just said "Barca are working beyond the boundaries of Football. No idea how they're allowed to do it. What a shady club!"

Irony just died a painful death!

A player like Lewandowski is never a bad signing, he isn't injury prone, doesn't have history of bad character and is a 35 goals per season striker not bad business at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans