9 - Robert Lewandowski

jamrock

Yea it does I took a day out the office today Because I need a break & I'm younger than him.

Needed a break & got one.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His all round game was shite yesterday as has been too often.

Finishng off again also.

Huge costs on books for a player his age and will be for years yet.

What you on about. He held the ball well and fought like lion. It's the lack of service if anything. Age shouldt be a topic anyways. Body of a 25 y.o. on this kid.

JamDav1982

Passing poor. Gave ball away too often.

Usual recently but yes service is poor.

Looks his age when has to press to much and looks fucked by time ball gets to him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Passing poor. Gave ball away too often.

Usual recently but yes service is poor.

Looks his age when has to press to much and looks fucked by time ball gets to him.

He just came back from injury and looked fit as ever. Held the ball well attracting double marking and released his teammates. Maybe there are few better ones out there but you can hardly count them by the fingers of one hand.

Morten

It is strange, he will in all likelihood win pichichi and win la liga, and yet it doesn't feel like he was vital to that win, even though one would think so just looking at statistics.

Barcelona doesn't concede goals domestically, so they don't really need great goalscorers to seal the deal anyway.

JamDav1982

He just came back from injury and looked fit as ever. Held the ball well attracting double marking and released his teammates. Maybe there are few better ones out there but you can hardly count them by the fingers of one hand.

Not to me. Looked off it and was awful when put through 1v1 so slow.

Least number of passes in Barca team, worst pass % and no one on pitch gave ball away more.

Too often fighting for ball against CBs 30/40 yds from goal as they push up with no threat of pace in behind from him or other attackers.

Works hard though.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not to me. Looked off it and was awful when put through 1v1 so slow.

Least number of passes in Barca team, worst pass % and no one on pitch gave ball away more.

Works hard though.

Attackers do have lowest percentage of successful passes and you know it. Not a valid argument. You can argue he wasted a chance and a half and that's it.

JamDav1982

Attackers do have lowest percentage of successful passes and you know it. Not a valid argument. You can argue he wasted a chance and a half and that's it.

Attackers dont always have low pass %. Look at likes of Benzema.

Did not hold ball up well or often for me. Gave ball away a lot from poor touches and passing particularly for how little he had it.

Looked off it as has done for a while.

He fluffed a one on one with another poor touch and slow to get going.

Horatio

You're welcome
It is strange, he will in all likelihood win pichichi and win la liga, and yet it doesn't feel like he was vital to that win, even though one would think so just looking at statistics.

Barcelona doesn't concede goals domestically, so they don't really need great goalscorers to seal the deal anyway.

He played crucial role in beginning months of the season. ngl.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Attackers dont always have low pass %. Look at likes of Benzema.

Did not hold ball up well or often for me. Gave ball away a lot from poor touches and passing particularly for how little he had it.

Looked off it as has done for a while.

Ya, tell me again how Benz played this season compared to
Lewa.

No better striker in La Liga. Few better ones out there, sure but GL getting them.

JamDav1982

Ya, tell me again how Benz played this season compared to
Lewa.

No better striker in La Liga. Few better ones out there, sure but GL getting them.

I am saying Lewa was poor on ball.

Poor pass % and gave it away more than anyone on pitch despite not getting on it all that much.

Fluffed a one on on through one of those.

For me did not hold up ball well at all last night.

jamrock

He's was crucial during the he beginning of the season helped us to keep pace at the top.

Since WC he's been off it though, but he does add structure to the team when he plays, even if he's not scoring.

JamDav1982

Will start scoring again but Barca been fine without him since turn of year and won every game he has been missing including the one he put team down to ten men in.

Better with him but not by much recently and there is not another 9 anyway so would be ludicrous if not better with him.

Dembele missing hasnt helped.

Teams can expose his lack of pace more when likes of Raphinha are out wide. Will be better once Demb back and Pedri.

Gavi doesnt create enough and Raphinha cant go on outside.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans