9 - Robert Lewandowski

feggydinho

Guarantee you. Put Lewandowski in place of Benzema and he would be just as lethal. Its called a feeder, and with how dangerous Vinicius is he practically counts as 2 feeders for Benzema :lol:

True, imagine Benzema playing without Vini, Modric, and Kroos. That's the kinda situation right now with Lewa, no De Jong, Dembele, or Pedri so it's understandable however Lewa still has his issues

serghei

Not quite as good as Benzema as I think Benzema is simply a superior playmaker, and was imo for a decade almost continuously. But he'd play better for sure if he had better support also.

Neeraj

What is visible is how slow he has become with decision making and the ball on his feet. When he gets the ball in good positions, near or inside the box, everything seems to happen in slow motion. Just sorting out his feet, him deciding to shoot, etc...it's all so slow that he's pretty much always getting dispossessed or blocked.

So some of these 'chances' are hidden because a quicker striker gets snaps shots out, whereas before Lewadownski can sort his feet out, the ball is taken from him. Age is really catching up with him.

As for would he do better with better support? Of course he would, but then again, who wouldn't?

Morten

Was decent against us last game and got an important assist, but in general it feels he is cursed against us, post-Dortmund he has like 2 goals against RM.

Co0ter

After Luis Suarez.

I have to agree. The season he almost carried LFC on his back to a title was incredible. He was the pressing, the goals, the creator, everything. Benzema has had a more successful career long term, and was great the previous season, but nothing like how Suarez did it.

Etoshow

I think people here have a problem with Lewandowski. How Can people want to get rid of one of the best striker of the world ? Who would you buy to replace him ? By reading you, people can think he's living a poor season while he still is pichichi and Barcelona leads La Liga with a 12 points advantage ahead Madrid.

We should keep him.

Porque

What is visible is how slow he has become with decision making and the ball on his feet. When he gets the ball in good positions, near or inside the box, everything seems to happen in slow motion. Just sorting out his feet, him deciding to shoot, etc...it's all so slow that he's pretty much always getting dispossessed or blocked.

So some of these 'chances' are hidden because a quicker striker gets snaps shots out, whereas before Lewadownski can sort his feet out, the ball is taken from him. Age is really catching up with him.

As for would he do better with better support? Of course he would, but then again, who wouldn't?

Think part of his lack of decision making is he is anticipating the output of his passing option. Raphinha was having a stinker with nothing working, and there were times where you would visibly see Lewandowski weighing up the passing option and opting against it.

One of the issues we have against top sides with chance creation as we are a low pace, low output team without an AML and Dembele. If we didn't have Balde's immense breakthrough then we would basically be back to 2019 or so and the Valverde years of zero pace- but Messi-less to create something out of nothing.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Not quite as good as Benzema as I think Benzema is simply a superior playmaker, and was imo for a decade almost continuously. But he'd play better for sure if he had better support also.

Being CR7’s sidekick for many years helped him damn near master both roles. Assuming he was a CF at Lyon before joining RM.

fergus90

100% agree and said it a while back. He’s definitely lost a step there’s no doubt about it.

KingLeo10

Benzema has hat-tricks/doubles against Bayern, Barca, PSG, City, Chelsea. And goals v Pool, AM and basically every big team

Suarez and Lewa never did that

I know who I'd pick for a big game

Home of Barca Fans