9 - Robert Lewandowski

Fati_Future_BallonDor

"I think that now physically I am better than I was 10 years ago, surely. At 25 or 26 years old I was not at this level now, or two years ago. This year, this year, last year I was not good. But I have trained a lot physically,"

Temptation

"I think that now physically I am better than I was 10 years ago, surely. At 25 or 26 years old I was not at this level now, or two years ago. This year, this year, last year I was not good. But I have trained a lot physically,"
IniestaGOAT: "This Jabroni still going on about training? Lil bro need to do a session with the God because his finishing is booty and only I can improve this fool."

Andresito

Staff member
Depends what he means by physically. He can lift heavier in the gym and have lower fat % which I don't find surprising. At that age pure strength isn't an issue, just see how Torres and Özil transformed after retiring.

On the other hand, agility and balance I don't think is better than in his prime, as evident on the pitch. Joints get a bit stiffer and the body becomes more rigid.
The quick turns aren't there and he has a tough time winning physical duels against defenders.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Depends what he means by physically. He can lift heavier in the gym and have lower fat % which I don't find surprising. At that age pure strength isn't an issue, just see how Torres and Özil transformed after retiring.

On the other hand, agility and balance I don't think is better than in his prime, as evident on the pitch. Joints get a bit stiffer and the body becomes more rigid.
The quick turns aren't there and he has a tough time winning physical duels against defenders.

I think adding some new training methods can improve the agility and movement, obviously Lewa isnt now as fast as prime Lewa but he looks more mobile on the pitch. I remember when Ronaldo said something like that when he was 34 or 35 and i noticed in 2020 or 2021 he was quicker.

Joan

Physically transformed since he came to Barca.

Barca training methods and Xavi for the win.

Home of Barca Fans