9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

I hope we stick at 40m+variables.

Should be all about Lewandowski and Bayern now - let them battle it out.

40 plus 5 in variables is already more than fair. I agree, let them battle it out. Take it or leave it.

45 on Lewandowski, 55 on Raphina. Does that leave us with any money for new, effective fullbacks after registering Christensen and Kessie? A midfield signing should only be made if De Jong leaves.

I wouldn't even mind waiting on a midfield signing and spending De Jong money on fullbacks. They are the most important.

Last edited:

topt

40 plus 5 in variables is already more than fair. I agree, let them battle it out. Take it or leave it.

45 on Lewandowski, 55 on Raphina. Does that leave us with any money for new, effective fullbacks after registering Christensen and Kessie? A midfield signing should only be made if De Jong leaves.

I wouldn't even mind waiting on a midfield signing and spending De Jong money on fullbacks. They are the most important.

It was leave it, so that offer is already off the table

Zidane82

Are the detractors referring to the same player that many claim should have won the Balon Dor for the past two seasons and is showing zero signs of decline

Co0ter

Are the detractors referring to the same player that many claim should have won the Balon Dor for the past two seasons and is showing zero signs of decline

It doesnt matter how well he's done the last two seasons. You cannot outrun time. No amount of conditioning is going to defy biology. He's going to decline physically each year we have him starting at 34 and his joints and knees are ticking time bombs.

I was all for signing him IF the price was right. 50mil plus variables puts us in a bad spot for planning for the future. We aren't a team that's in great shape that is only missing a star striker to take us over the edge to titles. We have significant issues in several positions.

Richard.H

It doesnt matter how well he's done the last two seasons. You cannot outrun time. No amount of conditioning is going to defy biology. He's going to decline physically each year we have him starting at 34 and his joints and knees are ticking time bombs.

I was all for signing him IF the price was right. 50mil plus variables puts us in a bad spot for planning for the future. We aren't a team that's in great shape that is only missing a star striker to take us over the edge to titles. We have significant issues in several positions.

This

Zidane82

He has not shown any signs of decline though ..

In fact his goal tally last season was better than the previous one ( maybe two ) season

ajnotkeith

Messi WON the Ballon'Dor the season before moving to PSG and we all know how that turned out.

At an old age its probably harder to also adapt to a new system and new environment being so used to your previous one. You can't expect to plug him in here and instantly get the same production.

His quality means he'll of course be a key player - but how much better will he be than Auba was last season is yet to be seen.

Rassvet

Messi WON the Ballon'Dor the season before moving to PSG and we all know how that turned out.

At an old age its probably harder to also adapt to a new system and new environment being so used to your previous one. You can't expect to plug him in here and instantly get the same production.

His quality means he'll of course be a key player - but how much better will he be than Auba was last season is yet to be seen.

That has more to with Messi's shortcomings when playing in a team and style of play that aren't ideal for him rather than about aging attackers moving clubs in general.

Ronaldo had little problem adapting to new clubs at 33 and 36 and even inferior attackers like Suarez in his first season at Atletico, Cavani in his first season at United, and Zlatan moving back to Milan at 38 have all adapted quickly and performed well.

The latter three of those players were also already sruggling with injury issues and nowhere near Lewa's current level when making the move.

Barcilliant

Yep, this exactly.

feggydinho

That has more to with Messi's shortcomings when playing in a team and style of play that aren't ideal for him rather than about aging attackers moving clubs in general.

Ronaldo had little problem adapting to new clubs at 33 and 36 and even inferior attackers like Suarez in his first season at Atletico, Cavani in his first season at United, and Zlatan moving back to Milan at 38 have all adapted quickly and performed well.

The latter three of those players were also already sruggling with injury issues and nowhere near Lewa's current level when making the move.

This is valid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they sign this cat for 50m they better have his replacement lined up in two years because I think he'll be toast by then.

They can talk all they want about him eating avocado ice cream, doing yoga and drinking special water, but he'll decline and lose steam. He'll probably still score a lot of goals like Suarez did, but become a liability otherwise and move like an old man and barely press.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans