9 - Robert Lewandowski

fergus90

He was never firing Barca to a CL but I must say I'm surprised just how easily he's been pocketed by every CB in Europe this season. He's been an easy nights work for them.

Hold up play and strength seemed to have completely evaded him.

serghei

He was never firing Barca to a CL but I must say I'm surprised just how easily he's been pocketed by every CB in Europe this season. He's been an easy nights work for them.

Could be because of the World Cup as well.

Still think he is usually better than this. Anyway, in my opinion if we can win some titles this season, maybe even all 3 in Spain, league, copa, supercopa, then Lewandowski transfer pays off.

KingLeo10

I'm not saying he needs Bavarian horse placenta to regain his powers...but I'm saying he needs Bavarian horse placenta to regain his powers

I'm sorry but Auba last season was a better striker than Lewa is...Auba actually danced on RM in a way Lewa hasn't since 2012 :lol:

Givenchy

Reminds me of a certain guy who now plays in Saudi Arabia

Iniesta Ultra

I would gladly take Auba back. He’s a very “Barca-esque” striker

I never wanted Lewa here but I'm also surprised his physical decline's starting so soon. He'll be fine next season in Liga with easy keepaway play but with fast paced European matches he might start making Imho look young again.

feggydinho

I never wanted Lewa here but I'm also surprised his physical decline's starting so soon. He'll be fine next season in Liga with easy keepaway play but with fast paced European matches he might start making Imho look young again.

My issue with hm isn't even physical decline, cause I see him still running and battling with defenders so I think he's still trying.
My problem with him is that he holds the ball too long for a striker, and misses many important passes to other forwards in better positions.
I highlighted this earlier this season, and the reply was that he's showing his dominance but I think he does that too much. He should just raise his head up and pass to the next open player and make a striker's run often, like they were times when he could've make a pass to Raphinha last night who was through on goal but he went about holding the ball too long until the chance passed, and that's my main issue with him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Still the first "big" great game he had but also the peak match of his career so far. 10 years ago

btw: he's shooting per game considerably less at Barca than the average seasonal metrics throughout his entire Bayern career, so that also hurts his stats. The last time he's been shooting this little was during his first Bayern season in 14/15.

in La Liga it is 3.7 shots per game, and he only had 3 shots in 2 games vs Man United as wel.. In Bundesliga for Bayern it was at least 4.2 per game (max 4.8).

Last edited:

vuji_31

I like him as player, but his form failed from cliff.

I still think he is better then this, but knowing number 9 situation in the world there is not much options to look.

If we got Vitor Roque, it is kidd who can fail massivly and play in two years in Getafe.

Alavarez will be expensive, best case we got Auba on loan.

But again Lewa will score like 35-40 goals until the end of season, and not many players can do that, also knowing our financial situation we can't choose to much.

Guys like Thuram are backup option.

Blackened

Like someone mentioned, even the washed-up Luisito could still pull of the unexpected magic out of nowhere. This Lewandowski guy has all the mobility of a walrus.

kattanib

Lewandowski simply:

Is a leader to youngsters
Opens up spaces
Scores goals

I would say he is a great guy to have in the squad. Pathetic plastic fans not appreciating what they have

Home of Barca Fans