Adama Traore

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Talk about delusional, this is the epitome of deluded thinking, let me guess, you started to watch football in recent times?? I'd be content if one of the names you mentioned becomes a classy player and ends up in the first team player let alone accommodating all of them and providing significant amount of game time.

Yeah, I understand why you might say that. Not every academy talent translates well into the first team. All I was trying to say is that we have a wealth of talented young attacking players in the cantera. You only need 6-8 attackers in the first team. With so many talented young footballers, I'd say at least 2-3, if not 4 could make it here. Will they all stay? Realistically, no. But I'd like to think that we could keep a few of our gems.

Also if you consider the 2002 World Cup to be recent, then yes, I started watching football in recent times.

DinhoR10

Yeah, I understand why you might say that. Not every academy talent translates well into the first team. All I was trying to say is that we have a wealth of talented young attacking players in the cantera. You only need 6-8 attackers in the first team. With so many talented young footballers, I'd say at least 2-3, if not 4 could make it here. Will they all stay? Realistically, no. But I'd like to think that we could keep a few of our gems.

Also if you consider the 2002 World Cup to be recent, then yes, I started watching football in recent times.

We started at the same time :D

And personally I think the four with the highest chance of making it here would be Lee, Deu, Adama and Munir. For midfielders Suarez with every game seems to be staking his claim to become iniesta's heir.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
PTW! :D
Also I doubt that many will make it. Most of them probably won't.

It's the paradigm actually, there are exceptions like our current generation who prospered in the same youth teams and also excelled with the first team, that happens once every century maybe, that is the likelihood of so many players making it from the same generation, if we are lucky, we'll see one of these guys reach the heights that their performances for the youth teams promised.

DinhoR10

It's the paradigm actually, there are exceptions like our current generation who prospered in the same youth teams and also excelled with the first team, that happens once every century maybe, that is the likelihood of so many players making it from the same generation, if we are lucky, we'll see one of these guys reach the heights that their performances for the youth teams promised.

Once a century? Thats a little exaggerated. And the reason a lot of players have failed to crack into the first team for the past couple of years is because this generation was/is so good but now that they are aging out with only iniesta from the older ones still at an age to play for a number of years again, there will be many players who are allowed to break into the squad.

Culeinho

It's the paradigm actually, there are exceptions like our current generation who prospered in the same youth teams and also excelled with the first team, that happens once every century maybe,.
..... oh and nice use of the word 'paradigm' there.... very stylish !!!! I had to google that one. :worthy:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Once a century? Thats a little exaggerated. And the reason a lot of players have failed to crack into the first team for the past couple of years is because this generation was/is so good but now that they are aging out with only iniesta from the older ones still at an age to play for a number of years again, there will be many players who are allowed to break into the squad.

Once a century??? Have there even been yth academies around for more than a century? :amazed:

Indeed, it was a bit exaggerated, but my underlining point became apparent as a result.

@dinho I think we don't mean the same thing when we say "break into the first team", do you consider tello to have broken into the first team????

DinhoR10

Indeed, it was a bit exaggerated, but my underlining point became apparent as a result.

@dinho I think we don't mean the same thing when we say "break into the first team", do you consider tello to have broken into the first team????

No I don't, in recent years the only one who technically broke in was Pedro but I'm sure Cuenca would've gotten in if not for his injury problems. And I don't think its a stretch to say Bartra and montoya have broken in if not currently walking through the open door left for him there by Puyol and alves. What I meant is that with players like Puyol and Xavi leaving in the near future, the blockades that affected Bartra and Thiago are gone/going to be gone in time. Rafinha will have a much easier time of getting time next season than thiago ever did. The only problem is for young forwards with Messi probably holding onto that CF position for at least the next 3 years and Neymar holding onto the LW for atleast 5 years.

Theconomist

No I don't, in recent years the only one who technically broke in was Pedro but I'm sure Cuenca would've gotten in if not for his injury problems. And I don't think its a stretch to say Bartra and montoya have broken in if not currently walking through the open door left for him there by Puyol and alves. What I meant is that with players like Puyol and Xavi leaving in the near future, the blockades that affected Bartra and Thiago are gone/going to be gone in time. Rafinha will have a much easier time of getting time next season than thiago ever did. The only problem is for young forwards with Messi probably holding onto that CF position for at least the next 3 years and Neymar holding onto the LW for atleast 5 years.

Busquets, Montoya, Thiago (to a lesser extent last season),

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Cant believe i forgot busi :lol:

I didnt put thiago because he couldnt displace an aging xavi past his prime and montoya because he hasnt quite passed dani alves yet.

He could easily displace Xavi, but Tito was too clueless to see that.

Home of Barca Fans