Aleix Vidal

El Flaco

[youtube]/watch?v=yKvFn4pplKE[/youtube]

Nice documentary about Vidal's past before he joined us last year.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah strong words from someone who has worked his arse off for his whole career. Thats what I love about this guy
Strong words nevertheless... It's almost like judging the sacked players and Aleix didn't know the circumstances! You working your arse off and reaching the top the hard way would not exactly give you the magical power to know all that happened in the closed walls!

Having said that.... We cannot be sure of the tone of Aleix there either. May be the translation is reflecting him in a harsh tone!!

Alik

Yeah, that injured keeper surely wasn't working hard enough. /s

Stupid thing to say. Especially for a newcomer.

oneirophobos

I agree his words are a bit harsh and unnecessary given his lack of knowledge about / involvement in the situation (and it seems like the board's decision was made considering various background factors that weren't solely based on the Barca B players performance either, or more cules would see it coming, so). I've seen the short documentary posted above and it cemented my positive impression of him, not many athletes would persevere for so long and how hard he worked to get here - so I understand where Vidal is coming from but being a FCB player now and dealing with Spanish media, the quickest he learns that "no comment" variation of an answer is sometimes the best response, the better.

Trickykid

I like what I've seen so far, even though he doesn't seem to be that much of an attacking threat. Hopefully it's just a matter of him loosening up and letting his hair down.

I love his attitude; he just seems to love being out there with a big fat grin on his face.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I like what I've seen so far, even though he doesn't seem to be that much of an attacking threat. Hopefully it's just a matter of him loosening up and letting his hair down.

I love his attitude; he just seems to love being out there with a big fat grin on his face.

Thought he was good attacking-wise tonight. He gets behind the defenders, but more often than not didn't get the ball in an open position. Good vision, had a few great balls behind the defence including Suarez' first goal. And an attempt at goal that was close.

Can get better and I think he will if he keep working hard.

Neymessi

I feel the exact opposite.I think he is good definsively but attacking wise he has shown me more than I would have asked for from him.I knew he had lightining speed but that does not make someone good automatically but he really is good in attack even without speed.If I think i need more assurance from him anywhere then it would be in defence(although I don't think he is bad or anything there.)

Trickykid

Thought he was good attacking-wise tonight. He gets behind the defenders, but more often than not didn't get the ball in an open position. Good vision, had a few great balls behind the defence including Suarez' first goal. And an attempt at goal that was close.

Yeah, I agree. The comment was mostly related to the Copa match where he started in a more advanced role. I probably should've rephrased to to goal threat instead of just attacking. Point being; I'll much rather see him in a Dani role than a rw/right attacker role.

Home of Barca Fans