Aleix Vidal

Antimadridista1

Well, pretty clear that he's average at best defensively but an absolute beast on the right side. We actually need that a lot.
He deserves more playing time because he also looks like a good guy, i loved the way he celebrated his goal. Work in silence and you'll get the reward

Come on Lucho, time to trust Aleix a bit more.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But Roberto has at least shown he has a capability of defending when on form, while Vidal has not.

Not to mention Roberto has the quintuple stack advantage of being a pretty Catalan developed in La Masia who's loved by the coach and can play multiple positions.

Too bad Roberto is messing up defensively the last few games then.

We're lacking offensive firepower on the right side, which Aleix is better at.

Perhaps he shouldn't start, but at least he should get on the bench and get subbed in during the games Roberto struggles.

LeeRomeno

But Roberto has at least shown he has a capability of defending when on form, while Vidal has not.

Not to mention Roberto has the quintuple stack advantage of being a pretty Catalan developed in La Masia who's loved by the coach and can play multiple positions.

You have actually seen him play for us on form? Out of those 7, now 8 games, in exactly how many he has been on form?

It does make sense. We aren't a charity. Every player in the world doesn't get all the time in the world to stop playing at their normal level and start becoming Barca quality. As I said, if this was a La Masia kiddo people would say he's not good enough before he even gets to play a single minute, as many did with Grimaldo.

There is a big difference in being a charity and talking someones skills down NOT becuase of actual skills shown in game, but rather because of training incidents, which have resulted in player being out of squad for so long.

JackSparrow

I think Lucho should give more trust in this guy. After a long time he got two chances to play and both times he did extremly well. He should deffinitely play more and rest Roberto a few games. I dont feel like splashing more money on some other average RB who cant defend. We should use that money to renew Messi.

Dont know why tho..., I had a feeling this was his farewell match. Hope I am wrong.

Cool

The right flank looked alive today, I loved his contribution , I think a big factor of Gomes playing good is because of Vidal coming up and down the flank and creating chances and just being an offensive beast unlike Roberto.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He's always going to be sketchy on the defense side of things but I do think its probably worth the risk to at least get our right hand side going again.

He can be a good effective weapon to use during this second half of the season but it's up to Lucho.

André

Partidazo. Gomes also played a good game.

Luis Enrique: "Based on how he's trained for last few months, Aleix is ready to play. He's proved his manager wrong & he's ready to compete"

Jombi

Also i have not seen the right flank so alive since a long time

We played against Las Palmas, a team that played like amateurs, especially in the second half. When Vidal started against Pellegrini's Alaves that actually knew how to defend, he was really bad.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
We should consider an option to play him as winger but Lucho won't change the system, I'm afraid.

I was thinking the same, but we really can't change our system without sacrificing someone better than Aleix...

Given we have MSN, our only viable option would be 3 - 4 - 3, with Aleix being the fourth midfielder, the thing is we lose Alba unless we play with only two CBs, which would be suicide... Or do you have something else in mind?

F

FlaFCB

I was thinking the same, but we really can't change our system without sacrificing someone better than Aleix...

Given we have MSN, our only viable option would be 3 - 4 - 3, with Aleix being the fourth midfielder, the thing is we lose Alba unless we play with only two CBs, which would be suicide... Or do you have something else in mind?

Alba is wasting in attack, so to at least try it in some games wouldn't hurt. Could be done even during games. Vidal would be the rw, and Messi the am.

Home of Barca Fans