Alejandro Grimaldo

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
According to the spanish football federation he had an active game, making two good crosses and winning a penalty

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Tracking his development and now being promoted to the B team before even turning 17 (September), I was wondering when he will get first team promotion...I think it's reasonable to guess that this kid is likely to be promoted before he's 20...When's the last time the club promoted a defensive player before the age of 20?...Would have to be a first I think...He has to make that jump of course but he's as solid a prospect for first team football as Dongou is

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well, considering that we don't play with true #9s at Barca (might change under Tito), and that the competition at LB isn't that strong, I'd say Grimaldo is probably the most likely of the 95 generation to make it to the first team. With that said I've seen very little of him, so I can't rate his defensive ability.

Maria

Tracking his development and now being promoted to the B team before even turning 17 (September), I was wondering when he will get first team promotion...I think it's reasonable to guess that this kid is likely to be promoted before he's 20...

Who said that he will be promoted to the B team? From what I've read on Marti Perarnau's site, he will remain a player of Juvenil A, but will have minutes with the B team also(and that's why Planas' contract has been renewed). And to be honest, I can't be excited by any youth player after seeing what a year with Eusebio has done to Sergi Roberto, Sergi Gomez, Espinosa or even Rafinha.

Maria

Now you are admitting that Eusebio has done so much shit .. :p

What do you meen now? I've said it for a few months..and just because I criticized Bartra or some other player, it doesn't mean that I think that Eusebio has done a wonderful job with the B team.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Eusebio has cast a shadow on the entire B team, no doubt...It was according to an article in MD a few days back, nothing confirmed from the club

Would make sense though since Planas has added little of late anyway

Maria

But you were more critical to some of the players than of Eusebio ...

Because I actually had expectations from the likes of Bartra or Sergi Roberto..from Eusebio I had none, except for the day and hour of his departure from Barca.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm with you Maria, Eusebio my word, what a disaster...Curious what others with better knowledge of the game think about Roberto...Meta?...Nolan?...Gio?

Home of Barca Fans