Alexandre Pato

F

Flavia

His signing looking like a fiasco, so far. I thought he had matured a bit, but it seems he didn't had a pre-season on his own, since the brazilian football calendar is different, and showed up out of form.

There's even a webside mocking this: http://hasalexandrepatoplayedforchelsea.com/

MasChe

well guess who played today? And scored penalty too.
100% penalty conversion , Messi take notes!

oneirophobos

Well, this is gonna be interesting. I would've thought Pato is way past it to try out fast-paced La Liga :unsure: but if nothing else I'm looking forward to seeing him and Neymar go head-to-head. The contrast could be a good showcase of what could have been if certain players only had better self-discipline and work ethics. He's 27 now, right

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Better self discipline and work ethics? His downfall came after he started getting injured by just seeing well cut grass and white lines.

oneirophobos

Better self discipline and work ethics? His downfall came after he started getting injured by just seeing well cut grass and white lines.

He's injury-prone like no other, that's a known fact but even if without them he's somewhat of a Nasri character with shitty attitude so his potential (people hailed him as the next BdO winner) would still result in a failure IMO, albeit on a lesser scale than now ofc. Didn't moderate his heavy partying habits after the clubs he played for warned him, to a point where one of his wives divorced him over the scandals Pato got in with Ronaldinho. He's an arrogant player, was hated playing for Corinthians, got into multiple fights with his teammates on and off-pitch. The last time I heard of Pato in the news, he insulted his NT coach in the press because he didn't receive a call-up he believes is entitled to as "the best player in the entire Brazilian League" according to himself etc etc.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He's injury-prone like no other, that's a known fact but even if without them he's somewhat of a Nasri character with shitty attitude so his potential (people hailed him as the next BdO winner) would still result in a failure IMO, albeit on a lesser scale than now ofc. Didn't moderate his heavy partying habits after the clubs he played for warned him, to a point where one of his wives divorced him over the scandals Pato got in with Ronaldinho. He's an arrogant player, was hated playing for Corinthians, got into multiple fights with his teammates on and off-pitch. The last time I heard of Pato in the news, he insulted his NT coach in the press because he didn't receive a call-up he believes is entitled to as "the best player in the entire Brazilian League" according to himself etc etc.

Right. I wonder if he's still going to fullfill his "huge" potential, just like the likes of Bojan Krkic, Mario Balotelli and many other similar cases did, or not.

BerkeleyBernie

Great goal and insane assist today. If you missed it, you should go and see it.

Yeah, the ball handling on the assist was excellent. Caught a ball behind him on the heel, flipped it forward, and volleyed right onto Dos Santos' foot.

Had another great near-assist called offsides after some excellent footwork to find a pass opening.

Villarreal has an exciting tradition of attacking football. Look forward to seeing them vs Barça this year.

Messi983

Looks like Pato already has a great understanding with Dos Santos. That combination for second goal was really nice. I hope he can stay healthy.

[youtube]NASOd2PLE4c[/youtube]

Villarreal was really unlucky with injuries early in the season but I think they'll come together and start to play better when injured players except Soldado will return and when new signings will gel better with the team. Cheryshev and JDS are back (though it seems like JDS got injured again yesterday) and I think Bakambu should also return in a few weeks.

Horatio

You're welcome
latest

F

FlaFCB

Seems to be on his way to China. Villarreal will get 18m for him, and they bought him for 3m.

He'll make 6m per season.

Home of Barca Fans