Ángel Di María

TheStig

Hated him with passion for 10+ years. Not only did he play in Madrid but I never liked his playing style, the gesture with PSG made it even worst, I was very against the rumors that Barca are interested. And then came Copa and now the WC and I love him! :p

Iniesta Ultra

The man destroyed Dembele to the point of substitution before half time.. it was stupid to think Dembele could mark him to begin with, surely not his greatest asset. He can help in defense but don't let him 1v1 with such a tricky winger .
Good for us and xavi, that we know this fact.

I gotta take an L for thinking converting him to RB for Barca could make him worthy for the team. Demb just has no warrior mentality.

feggydinho

The man destroyed Dembele to the point of substitution before half time.. it was stupid to think Dembele could mark him to begin with, surely not his greatest asset. He can help in defense but don't let him 1v1 with such a tricky winger .
Good for us and xavi, that we know this fact.

Any forward or midfielder from France could've been subbed in the first half of that game cause they literally did nothing, Mbappe was non existent and Dembele, Griezmann plus Giroud were bad. The domination of Argentina in that first half was mind blowing, especially seeing that it was a final.

They couldn't even have a shot, talk less of a shot on target. Easier to ride on Dembele, but they were all horrible in the first half

raskolnikov

France tried their deschamps bad football but win due to quality players style but it didnt work till they finally woke up after the penalty in the 80th minute.

Its scary to think how good they would be if they actually played an agressive attacking style like Bayern.
They were already very strong and iys a bunch of kids mostly and several injured players.
In 2026 its their world cup to lose.
In that way im glad Argentina pulled an England 66 in case they end up winning the next few.

Andresito

Staff member
Gone are the days when he used to put his head down and try to dribble in impossible situations and shoot from the worst of angles.

khaled_a_d

I like Di Maria and he is clutch.
But those goals will make him an overrated player career wise.
There was a reason we were always furious, and rightfully so, whenever the club tried to get him.

For me players like Aguero, Higuain, Mascherano were generally superior to him career wise.
But at the end, football is a game of moments. Few great moments or few bad ones can define a career.

jamrock

Cant put Higuain over as career wise after the bottle job he did for Argentina at the WC & Copa, those things are too big to dismiss.

He also had a very very successful club career before the man used mess, played his role in Madrid's CL win as well.

Kun & Mascherano for sure.

khaled_a_d

Cant put Higuain over as career wise after the bottle job he did for Argentina at the WC & Copa, those things are too big to dismiss.

He also had a very very successful club career before the man used mess, played his role in Madrid's CL win as well.

Kun & Mascherano for sure.

This is what I mean by the "moments " deciding careers.
Had Higuain scored the onside chance and missed the offside one in 2014 Final, and we are talking about him differently.

El Gato

Villarato!
For me players like Aguero, Higuain, Mascherano were generally superior to him career wise.
But at the end, football is a game of moments. Few great moments or few bad ones can define a career.

Think most people would put players who are regularly clutch above those that aren't or only show it from time to time.
Aguero people will only remember for the obvious highlight and the way he retired as well.

jamrock

This is what I mean by the "moments " deciding careers.
Had Higuain scored the onside chance and missed the offside one in 2014 Final, and we are talking about him differently.

Yea but di Maria is consistently clutch, Higuain is consistently a disaster when it matters.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yea but di Maria is consistently clutch, Higuain is consistently a disaster when it matters.

Harsh.
Argentina aside, he's been more decisive than given credit for since leaving Madrid. Scored against that good Monaco in 16/17 semis, pulled them through vs a very good Spurs side in 17/18. He's still a mental midget next to someone like Di Ma, but has improved over time at club level.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Amazing player when he has a good day. One of the best dribblers the last 10 years and has scored some amazing goals - like I said, magical on a good day.

Home of Barca Fans