Antoine Griezmann

ajnotkeith

If Atletico Madrid plays Antoine Griezmann less than 30 minutes per match, the purchase clause will not be mandatory. In that case, the most feasible option would be that Barca and Atleti reach an agreement for €18m + €2m in variables for his transfer.

— @relevo https://t.co/NlWbGIgXhw

Note : He has played exactly 29 minutes in both games Atletico have played so far this season.

Lol wtf... Another Alemany special?

ajnotkeith

They will lose more than the 40m Griezmann cost if they continue to play him 29m or less and lose.

I would imagine given the Kounde situation we will agree a reduced payment that would be collected now instead of next season. We need to collect money now for Kounde and possible signings and they have us by the balls with this 30 minute clause.

Messi983

I would imagine given the Kounde situation we will agree a reduced payment that would be collected now instead of next season. We need to collect money now for Kounde and possible signings and they have us by the balls with this 30 minute clause.

What makes you think Atleti would pay now instead of next year?

Messi983

We got played here. Next time we need to be smarter with terms.

That's what you get with panic deals on deadline day. Would be better to keep him until January. He was already registered, Messi left, so we really didn't need to offload him at all costs. Would maybe also prevent us from signing Ferran in January, lol.

khaled_a_d

So I guess Khaled was wrong about us already receiving the cash.

Yup, that is total opposite of what was said in June.
In June it was mostly Barca sources,but tbh we aren't a club known for transparency.
Now all sources from Madrid,still Atletico aren't most reliable either and have similar incident with Morata, were they claimed they weren't obligatted to buy him whenthey were.
At worst we fet 10M for each year of lianand save his salary.
At best, Simeone will tell their board to not tell him what to do and play him.

ajnotkeith

What makes you think Atleti would pay now instead of next year?

Suits both of us. We get some money now to register Kounde and Simeone can start Griezmann without having to worry about the clause. If we give them a discount they could want to pay now to get it over with and not have to carry out their threat.

They still want him as an important player, but for a reduced price.

Loki

We got played here. Next time we need to be smarter with terms.

I hope there will never be a next time with Atletico. This should end all negotiations for all time. This is pure malice to negotiate a clause with no intent to keep it. Just get Griezmann in his last useful years for free and play around the clause. Man I hope they don't reach CL this season.

mc_lovin

That's what you get with panic deals on deadline day. Would be better to keep him until January. He was already registered, Messi left, so we really didn't need to offload him at all costs. Would maybe also prevent us from signing Ferran in January, lol.

His salary is roughly ~50m/year. Just getting rid of that for two years is totally worth it. Still Alemany's masterpiece even if they don't buy him.

Home of Barca Fans