Arda Turan

El Flaco

Arda is exactly the type of midfielder that fits in the Lucho system. Workhorse who will cover every inch of grass on the pitch. He will come in very handy against teams like Bayern, who arguably have more creativity and cohesiveness in the mid than we do.

You heavily underestimate Arda if you think he's just a workhorse.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
so is the expection that Turan and Vidal will start?

Vidal ahead of Alves? Dude hasn't played a game for us yet and Alves has been the best right back for the last 10 years (minus some bad patches). And Arda will be rotated. I like him, no doubt - but let's wait and see how he fares in Barcelona. Also, it depends on if we have any injuries and the form of our players like Sergi and Rakitic.

Catalan Fan

With our midfield performing so well is there a chance Arda disrupts our rhythm instead of adding to it?

I suspect he'll play right midfield initially, coming on as sub for Raki maybe ? Athough he's very versatile.

I also suspect he will gel with Alves and Messi and be more effective than Raki has so far, no disrespect to Raki ....

From a personal view point I'd love to see him playing with Don Iniesta, the interplay would be something else.
I honestly think he will make a big difference and become a huge fan favourite.

Can't fucking wait ! :cheers:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I feel like Arda is a bit overrated in here. I do not think he is much better than Raki let alone all other starters in midfield and attack and he will need time to adapt to the team, get to 100% after a long pause etc.
Not saying he will not help the team but I see him more of a really good option to add depth to the squad but certainly no superstar player.

BerkeleyBernie

I suspect he'll play right midfield initially, coming on as sub for Raki maybe ? Athough he's very versatile.

I also suspect he will gel with Alves and Messi and be more effective than Raki has so far, no disrespect to Raki ....

From a personal view point I'd love to see him playing with Don Iniesta, the interplay would be something else.
I honestly think he will make a big difference and become a huge fan favourite.

Can't fucking wait ! :cheers:

Yeah, I want to see him with Iniesta and Busquets. No disrespect to Rakitic, who has been a key player, but Turan is much tidier and more creative. If Neymar keeps up his Barça-like teamplay we've seen the past two games (no ball-holding and much quicker use of his teammates support), there's a use for a midfield again other than kicking the ball up top for the forwards. Both Madrid and Rome were poor, so it's hard to know what we'll see when facing a more disciplined midfield again, but I'm hopeful we'll see more of the creative attack through the middle we've seen the past two games, and Turan can only augment that.

I see Rakitic becoming more of the utility player, bring him on to hustle and shut down games.

Qqqq

I don't get why some people aren't stoked about Arda. I mean, he's like a harder working version of Isco with an actual end product. Granted, he's (a lot) older, but as for this season, there isn't a player I would rather have reinforce the team.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

He also gives us some added bite in midfield which will be something new. That's not a criticism of the present incumbents but I think a player with a bit of aggression, as long as focused correctly, won't be a bad thing at all

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He also gives us some added bite in midfield which will be something new. That's not a criticism of the present incumbents but I think a player with a bit of aggression, as long as focused correctly, won't be a bad thing at all

Absolutely.
Hunger is what keeps team going. And Arda will be raring to go.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Absolutely.
Hunger is what keeps team going. And Arda will be raring to go.
It's accepted, and would probably be well received, as long as he don't bring a red card in the crucial moment of a CL quarterfinals second leg!

Qqqq

I wouldn't worry about it. It's basically an exact science that you get less frustrated when Messi is on your team. Besides, look at the players we have tamed!

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I wouldn't worry about. It's basically an exact science that you get less frustrated when Messi is on your team. Besides, look at the players we have tamed!

We have tamed Lourd Douglas to that degree that he doesn't even feel like the football pitch is his natural habitat! Ahhh, you meant Suaimpire - ok ok!

J

Jamie Cal

I'm not sure in the big games we can be talking about him over Rak, though. We need a pretty strict water-carrier as the right-sided CM, which is Rak to a tee, and also Sergi Roberto too.

BerkeleyBernie

I'm not sure in the big games we can be talking about him over Rak, though. We need a pretty strict water-carrier as the right-sided CM, which is Rak to a tee, and also Sergi Roberto too.

Turan was part of Cholo's Atletico, one of the most cohesive defensive systems in Europe. He's perfectly capable of playing a disciplined role both defending and attacking.

Home of Barca Fans