Arda Turan

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He's back after injury, hard game to use him, especially with City pressing so hard and us not having momentum. Looked slow indeed and didn't do anything of note in offence. Neither did Rafinha for that matter in the time he played.

I'm not excusing Arda, as he was quite poor today... But you sort of have a point, when was the last game he played? He is coming back from injury and hasn't had a competitive match in a long while, so I don't get why he was in the pitch...

People can argue all they want about being "barca material", but the thing is that Lucho hasn't been able to get the best out of Arda, and other players for that matter... It was evident that Arda can have some sort of impact as left winger, but resting Ney even for a few minutes in La Liga seems to be out of the question, yet playing Arda in midfield in a losing match, away, against City, in the CL, seems like a brilliant idea to Lucho...

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'm not excusing Arda, as he was quite poor today... But you sort of have a point, when was the last game he played? He is coming back from injury and hasn't had a competitive match in a long while, so I don't get why he was in the pitch...

People can argue all they want about being "barca material", but the thing is that Lucho hasn't been able to get the best out of Arda, and other players for that matter... It was evident that Arda can have some sort of impact as left winger, but resting Ney even for a few minutes in La Liga seems to be out of the question, yet playing Arda in midfield in a losing match, away, against City, in the CL, seems like a brilliant idea to Lucho...

and to top it off, Lucho takes off the only midfielder that had some presence in midfield (Rakitic) instead of say the horror show that was Busi.

serghei

Seems to be a pretty reoccurring theme with Lucho these days. Has he finally gone senile?

He had plenty of bad decisions in every season so far, more than a great manager would normally have I think. But in the end, the result matter and Lucho delivered results. Hard to argue against that. Once he will fail to win titles with this great team, then we can talk about him "going senile". Until then, I trust that he will turn it around. It's not as if we're doing too badly. We're 2 points off 1st place in La Liga and close to win the group in CL.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Most footballers are uneducated so no surprises when they are puppets for someone.

In few months, it'll be a year since his debut for Barca. Unless he steps up, and I mean big time, this transfer could turn out to be one of the biggest flops.

Home of Barca Fans