Arthur

Messi983

Valverde was brought to get the best out of a dying team of amigos which he did. He also lost Neymar in his first summer and we wasted that money on mental midget Coutinho and Dembele who is made out of glass.

The style he has played here was what he had to play due to the team physical (old Busi and Raki in midfield and two walking amigos upfront) limitations not how he usually plays. Look at his Bilbao side now where he has younger and more athletic players. They play high press, fast and attacking football.

We've struggled in away CL games for pretty much the whole last decade outside of that 14-15 season. Lucho lost 4-0 against PSG (nobody remembers that because they were even bigger bottler than us though) and 3-0 vs Juve. Were previously eliminated twice by Atleti and also lost 4-0 vs Bayern. But ofc it's all Valverde's fault.

Marshall D Teach

Valverde was a fuckin cuck. I really disliked him. Amigos ran the show and he did fuck all. I really believe those two big CL defeats brought about a culture of hesitancy and fear in Europe. This defeatist attitude is going to take a lot of hard work and success to overcome.

Honestly the one that actually did that was Bayern 7-0

CatalinR10

We've struggled in away CL games for pretty much the whole last decade outside of that 14-15 season. Lucho lost 4-0 against PSG (nobody remembers that because they were even bigger bottler than us though) and 3-0 vs Juve. Were previously eliminated twice by Atleti and also lost 4-0 vs Bayern. But ofc it's all Valverde's fault.

Losing away isn't the problem.

Losing away while having a 3-0 advantage , is.

Also , Arthur was tailor made for that away tie. Guy was a 1 trick pony and a very good one at that , being able to do really good under pressure with ball at his feet.

Should have been put in the midfield from the start , not in the +70 minute where we were already losing 3-0.

vegitot

Honestly, seeing everything that happened to this club in the last years, I would've preferred a guy who went out like Conte, saying things how they are... While Valverde was not the only one to be blamed for our losses, he clearly was part of the problem by being a yes-man to the amigos. Now, if we look at his spell, we can't say he was a terrible manager, rather an average one, though clearly not fit to lead us to higher things. He hasn't achieved anything notable either at previous clubs, and this was his big chance at a big club. Another reason why I remember Valverde in a more negative way sometimes is because of all those smugs he showed when we were losing, many times just standing there like a ghost... Guess it was just a sign of self defeat or incompetence, knowing that he was outclassed by the opponent team. Clearly not the person who'd make a dressing room freeze when he enters.

View attachment 9777
Koeman was a big bum when he said something :lol:

Home of Barca Fans