Arturo Vidal

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It’s a win for Workhorse FC. Vidal is the epitome of what I mean when I talk about a “workhorse” and he proved his value last night. He aided in stamina, physicality, defensive skills, winning 50/50 balls. By matching liverpoools intensity, their strength was negated and Barca’s quality shone through.

You need these types of players on your squad to compete on all fronts especially in Europe. Some European games will be battles and you need one or two guys like him in your midfield.

Credit also to rakitic, who played well. His goal line block was as good as any goal.

Havesaks

Better than he ever was for Bayern. Surprised he managed to get back in top form like this just in time for the important CL matches.

He really wants that trophy :D

Don't agree, he had some absolute wc periods for bayern. Their fans weren't to eager to let him go as well. Bayern probably fucked up selling him.

Vilarrubi

That tackle on Mane in the box was incredible.. some balls to do that haha that along with his ripped shirt for half of the game epitomises Vidal. What a player!

[youtube]eTLwDcQDT08[/youtube]

BBZ8800

It’s a win for Workhorse FC. Vidal is the epitome of what I mean when I talk about a “workhorse” and he proved his value last night. He aided in stamina, physicality, defensive skills, winning 50/50 balls. By matching liverpoools intensity, their strength was negated and Barca’s quality shone through.

You need these types of players on your squad to compete on all fronts especially in Europe. Some European games will be battles and you need one or two guys like him in your midfield.

Credit also to rakitic, who played well. His goal line block was as good as any goal.

One more interesting stat for those who whined: why Vidal plays instead of Arthur?

Vidal yesterday, 90 minutes: 5 tackles, 2 interceptions
Arthur in a whole season in a CL: 551 minutes (7 matches as a starter): 12 tackles, 2 interceptions

Btw, what is up with Arthur and interceptions of opponent's attacks?
Our 3 CMs, a whole season:
Rakitic 67 interceptions
Vidal 36 interceptions
Arthur 11 interceptions

My personal eye test is always telling me that Arthur is slowish in defending and the weakest defender out of our 3 CMs plus Busi.
Stats think the same.
EV thinks the same.

A lot of people here claim otherwise.

Anyway, on paper and in reality, Busi-Raki-Vidal are the 3 strongest defender out of our midfielders.
Ev wanted to secure our goal and let Messi do his magic in attack.
Good Game, EV.

Andrew M

One more interesting stat for those who whined: why Vidal plays instead of Arthur?

Arthur in a whole season in a CL: 551 minutes (7 matches as a starter): 12 tackles, 2 interceptions

Rakitic 67 interceptions
Vidal 36 interceptions
Arthur 11 interceptions

My personal eye test is always telling me that Arthur is slowish in defending and the weakest defender out of our 3 CMs plus Busi.
Stats think the same.
EV thinks the same.

Anyway, on paper and in reality, Busi-Raki-Vidal are the 3 strongest defender out of our midfielders.
Good Game, EV.

Not to mention that EV subbed Semedo on for Coutinho and switching to 442 that gave us new impetus

jamrock

Rakitic 67 interceptions
Vidal 36 interceptions
Arthur 11 interceptions

Stats think the same.
EV thinks the same.

Good Game, EV.

Is there a single person on here that whined about Vidal starting over authur?.

Is there one who isn't happy with the qualities he has brought to the team?

Is there one who doesn't understand the difference between what he brings to the table & someone like IDK say a paulinho?

Messi10

Might not be the most talented player. Hes good all rounder. but that warrior spirt damn! that hard work damn. What a player!

malvolio

what an upgrade over donkey paulinho who chipped in with some goals but couldn't string 2 passes together to save his life. best inforcer since keita.

Home of Barca Fans