Atlético Madrid

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ronaldo has been pretty useless in the first half, not really involved and lost almost every ball he touched.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Madrid totally without ideas. Deny them counter lanes and stay infront of them to force them to pass and they look clueless. Ronaldo and Benzema barely touched the ball at all. Bale has been more involved but inefficiently. Kroos is the only one looking half decent.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Real Madrid with some superficial "control" just passing it around tamely in midfield away from any pressure. Only chances coming from Bale's efforts and the occasional longball after a set piece. Atletico, even with a completely defend-only lineup, have had the better chances.

Atleti should bring on Griezmann and Jimenez at around the 60th minute to use their pace and positioning, making their counters deadlier. As much as I love Cholo he overrates technically limited guys like Suarez or Raul Garcia.

BerkeleyBernie

Real Madrid with some superficial "control" just passing it around tamely in midfield away from any pressure.

TBF, it's Atletico, best deep defense in the world last season. I'll be wondering if the new Barça can do any better. At least Courtois is gone, if that's any consolation.

JamDav1982

TBF, it's Atletico, best deep defense in the world last season. I'll be wondering if the new Barça can do any better. At least Courtois is gone, if that's any consolation.

It is almost impossible to pass round or run through Atletico.

Even though Tata got slaughtered for it, a lot of the best chances against them last season came from crosses into the box.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

I'd never expect them to cut through Atleti like butter, just observing how slow and ineffective they are without someone like Di Maria to destabilize even Atletico's defense with his ability on the counter.

spark

It is almost impossible to pass round or run through Atletico.

Even though Tata got slaughtered for it, a lot of the best chances against them last season came from crosses into the box.

One player which has done damage to Atleti is Di Maria. Still hoping he gets sold.

Home of Barca Fans