Barça to face PSG in the CL quarter finals

P

PhilS

This is a good draw, the opponent is glamorous but in the bottom half of strength of the last 8. Maxwell on defense is the PSG weak point, he's not quick enough to cover these guys. I don't think Bechham will start vs. Barca, he does not run well these days and his work rate is not good. He is still as good as they get on corners, free kicks and long shots.

After seeing this week's game in Munich, I think there is only one team in this field that has a decent chance of beating Barca over two legs. I hope we get to see Barca-RM in the semis. That could go either way, home and away will be a fair contest.

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
Our defense could be a worrying factor. Our defense has looked really vulnerable against counter attacks lately. Pique makes mistakes, Puyol is not at the peak of his fitness, Mascherano at times makes tackles that could give away free kicks (and they have Beckham). Set pieces can be worrying. I think Beckham is very likely to play at least in the second half as we could be out of sorts with his precise guided missile like crosses and corners. We have to fine tune our defense.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Matuidi, Silva & Lavezzi are all a booking away from suspension as well...Anyone know the yellow card situation for our players?...Not sure but think it's Adriano, Song & Pedro

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Matuidi, Silva & Lavezzi are all a booking away from suspension as well...Anyone know the yellow card situation for our players?

Pedro is suspended for the 1st leg, and Adriano, Masch, and Song have 2 yellow cards.

Irish_Cules

Pedro is suspended for the 1st leg, and Adriano, Masch, and Song have 2 yellow cards.

If Puyol really is going to miss the quarter finals then Mascherano better be careful in the first leg. I don't think any of us want to see the return of Song to the defence.

Darko

Overrated and overhyped team,would not be surprised if they finish the season without a trophy...

Home of Barca Fans