Barca Transfers and Rumors

mia7007

We are wasting time chasing Coutinho and Dembele and they are 50% to come
I would try for Dybala who is more promising than both at any price as this guy worth 100+, and get Seri and Inigo with Mina coming January
And offload some of the players who already have offers like Munir and Vermaelen
And main target will be to renew to Messi, even if this will happen with no signings

We are wasting time chasing Coutinho and Dembele and they are 50% to come
I would try for Dybala who is more promising than both at any price as this guy worth 100+, and get Seri and Inigo with Mina coming January
And offload some of the players who already have offers like Munir and Vermaelen
And main target will be to renew to Messi, even if this will happen with no signings

100℅ agree with this. Among all the avalaible options the only one who deserve 150 m is Dybala.

mia7007

A lot of reports that we are paying 35 release clause for Seri. Hope they are correct
And one many important thing is to offload unneeded players

Hektor

If Di Maria is signed on top of Paulinho, the managment should be taken out with their chairs and forbid to ever set foot in Barca facilities again.

Dembele and Seri should be priorities now. But if it s true, that BVB demand 150 mil, than just Seri. Panic buys are dumb and do even more damage.
If Messi wants to influence the club politics, he can publicly state, that this board is doing a horible job. I highly doubt he wanted Di Maria in Barca.

What do you know about Di María to express yourself in such terms? I have followed the player for over ten years. Have you? I know what he is capable of doing and what he is not. I believe I can speak with some authority, after 10 years. In addition, all experts and commentators on TV agree with me and not with you.

Di Maria did not stumble into the third rated team in the world just this year. He was a member of the Argentine U-20, Olympic, and main team for over 10 years! Yes, we did not win the WC, eventhcugh we came very close. We won the U-20 WC 6 times and the Olympic gold medal twice in a row. Di María was a member of the U-20 WC and the Olympic Gold Medal team as well as being an unquestionable member of the main team under 5 or so coaches. To make it to these teams is not that easy.

Everyone here are dying for Dembélé, Siri, Mbape, etc. They are not Iniesta, Coutinho, or Xavi - not even close. They play at one speed going forward. They cannot stop to survey what is taking place on the pitch like Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Neymar, or even Coutinho are capable of doing.

Iniesta is a pleasure to watch play. He goes forward. He then changes his mind, "let me go back." OK, maybe sideways and no one is able to disposses him of the ball. Messi is not that fast from 0-100 yards. He is a series of lighting bursts from 0-10 in whatever direction. In Argentina we rate players on their ability of what we calle "piques," which are more important for a player than just having sheer speed from 0-100.

"Pique" can be translated as "pick-up" speed or "bursts" of speed from 0-10. If you ever watched Maradona's other goal against England, during the '86 WC, where he dribbled past ~ 8 players, some of them more than once, was done by a series of bursts, stopping several times, changing direction all the time. He did not go very fast from his own side of the field to the other in blazing speed. That is what sets apart good players from very good ones.

Last edited:

Julien

What do you know about Di María to express yourself in such terms? I have followed the player for over ten years. Have you? I know what he is capable of doing and what he is not. I believe I can speak with some authority, after 10 years. In addition, all experts and commentators on TV agree with me and not with you.

Di Maria did not stumble into the third rated team in the world just this year. He was a member of the Argentine U-20, Olympic, and main team for over 10 years! Yes, we did not win the WC, eventhcugh we came very close. We won the U-20 WC 6 times and the Olympic gold medal twice in a row. Di María was a member of the U-20 WC and the Olympic Gold Medal team as well as being an unquestionable member of the main team under 5 or so coaches. To make it to these teams is not that easy.

Everyone here are dying for Dembélé, Siri, Mbape, etc. They are not Iniesta, Coutinho, or Xavi - not even close. They play at one speed going forward. They cannot stop to survey what is taking place on the pitch like Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Neymar, or even Coutinho are capable of doing.

Iniesta was a pleasure to watch play. He goes forward. He then changes his mind, "let me go back." OK, maybe sideways and no one is able to disposses him of the ball. Messi is not that fast from 0-100 yards. He is a series of lighting bursts from 0-10 in whatever direction. In Argentina we rate players on their ability of what we calle "piques," which are more important for a player than just having sheer speed from 0-100.

"Pique" can be translated as "pick-up" speed or "bursts" of speed from 0-10. If you ever watched Maradona's other goal against England, during the '86 WC, where he dribbled past ~ 8 players, some of them more than once, was done by a series of bursts, stopping several times, changing direction all the time. He did not go very fast from his own side of the field to the other in blazing speed. That is what sets apart good players from very good ones.

He was pretty average at PSG though. Besides a few games, and that's where it hurts because it's only a handfull of games.

PSG fans in majority are actually not against selling him, especially since they say he is doing the same as last season = having a bad pre-season, and early season. They don't want a player that needs 6 months to start to perform above average.

Hektor

He was pretty average at PSG though. Besides a few games, and that's where it hurts because it's only a handfull of games.

PSG fans in majority are actually not against selling him, especially since they say he is doing the same as last season = having a bad pre-season, and early season. They don't want a player that needs 6 months to start to perform above average.

Unai Emery is making Di Maria play in the middle, like a "10." He is a wideout on either side, but mainly on the left. Look, he is 29 and I wouldn't pay over € 30 mils, for him. He is a sprinter with some limited ability to stop and go, although he is better in this respect than many of the players mentioned here. He is not Coutinho - not even close.

I really like Dembéle, but he is very young, which is a very good thing, and has a lot to learn. Thank god Mbape is going to PSG and not here. Siri is very good, imho. I watched him on Youtube, but no stop and go, whatsoever. He is 25 and 5' 6" tall.

The main problem with Di Maria is that he is always hurt like in the final against Germany or Chile. It sounds that he was hurt. As I sad, he was hurt the last game of the WC. A very bad muscle tear Maybe it carried over to the season. I do not know. I only follow Barça and Argentina.

Last edited:

Raketa10

This board needs to sign Dembele and Seri or GTFO of the club! It's plain simple! Coutinho is out of the reach so either those two or no one.

Fucking Di Maria would be Paulinho 2.0 and nothing more! They can go fuck themselves if they are even thinking about him.

mia7007

We have Suarez Paulinho and Marlon who are non EU
Seri is Ivorian, not sure if he has French nationality as well or not
Coutinho is just Brazilian AFAIK
And Yery Mina is Columbian
So signing Seri will mean sending Marlon on loan and Mina arrival will mean Masche should go

Thiago10

We have Suarez Paulinho and Marlon who are non EU
Seri is Ivorian, not sure if he has French nationality as well or not
Coutinho is just Brazilian AFAIK
And Yery Mina is Columbian
So signing Seri will mean sending Marlon on loan and Mina arrival will mean Masche should go

Someone on this forum said that African players don't count as non-EU in La Liga, no idea if it's true.

Home of Barca Fans