Barca Transfers and Rumors

FCBfan22

They play marvellously well TOGETHER is my point .. Messi can mesh with anyone ..

As regards money .., sell Suarez and Coutinho ( sadly )

That's true but

a) Arsenal won't sell both. No way in hell.

b) I still havent given up on Dembele.

c) With 2 strikers and Leo in a 433, we would still be narrow as fuck (would work if we switched to 442 diamond, but Messi doesn't defend so that's off the cards)

kilian

This would work if we had at least one creative fullback. Alba got a lot of assists this year, but his creativity is far below Marcelo for example. Semedo is pointless to even discuss, nowhere near the needed creativity. Fullbacks are practically the most important players in a formation like that. Our fullbacks have the defensive workrate, but offer very little in attacking creativity so it would be a nightmare. Although I like the idea of a formation like that.

psychotsek

Griezman while a great player isn't what we need if we keep playing 433.
We need to circle Messi with players that can run for 120 minutes and have decent skills in their respected positions. Messi should be at the heart of our core.

It seems though that Griezman is on his way so maybe:

-----------------------Suarez/Ruiz----------Griezman/Dembelle------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------Messi/Puig----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------Vidal/Aleñá---------------------------------------Arthur/Roberto--------
------------------------------De Jong/Busquets------------------------------------
Alba/Cucu--------Lenglet/Umtiti--------Piqué/De Ligt--------Semedo/Wague
------------------------------Ter Stegen---------------------------------------------

FCBfan22

Griezman while a great player isn't what we need if we keep playing 433.
We need to circle Messi with players that can run for 120 minutes and have decent skills in their respected positions. Messi should be at the heart of our core.

It seems though that Griezman is on his way so maybe:

-----------------------Suarez/Ruiz----------Griezman/Dembelle------------------
-----------------------------------Messi/Puig----------------------------------------
----------Vidal/Aleñá---------------------------------------Arthur/Roberto--------
------------------------------De Jong/Busquets------------------------------------
Alba/Cucu--------Lenglet/Umtiti--------Piqué/De Ligt--------Semedo/Wague
------------------------------Ter Stegen---------------------------------------------

Players that can run...

Puts Suarez upfront :lol:

mc_lovin

Terrible. No midfield, no chemistry in attack. I think Messi should play false 9 though (with Suarez as bench option). And Im well aware of the problems with Messi as false 9. But its either him getting bullied or getting fucked in midfied. Because lets be honest, our midfield is set up for failure with him on the right wing. People complain about our lack of midfield creativity, but Messi is taking the best passing positions (to our only reliable receivers - Alba and partially Dembele). No wonder our midfield cant relieve pressure without options upfront. Add to that our glaring weakness at right back and I think its a rather easy choice.

The interest in Griezmann kind of implicates our board thinks -at least partially- the same as well. But then again, Griezmann is a half measure. Hes more mobile than Suarez (and better on the wing), but he will either stay too centrally, creating a 4-4-2, or be wasted on the wing (cause hes not a winger) - or clash with Messis positions.

Still hope for Nicolas Pepe and bet on him + Dembele being good for 15goals+ on each wing. With Suarez as a tactical option.

Dembele - Messi - Pepe
Frenkie - Busquets - Arthur
Alba - Lenglet - Pique - Wague (you can hope^^)
Stegen

A true dm would be nice as well (and De Ligt). But our attack should be priotity for now. Puig hopefully gets promoted - he can be a good option vs 50% of La Liga teams (he looks more talented than Alena and doesnt clash with Messi as much).

psychotsek

Terrible. No midfield, no chemistry in attack. I think Messi should play false 9 though (with Suarez as bench option). And Im well aware of the problems with Messi as false 9. But its either him getting bullied or getting fucked in midfied. Because lets be honest, our midfield is set up for failure with him on the right wing. People complain about our lack of midfield creativity, but Messi is taking the best passing positions (to our only reliable receivers - Alba and partially Dembele). No wonder our midfield cant relieve pressure without options upfront. Add to that our glaring weakness at right back and I think its a rather easy choice.

The interest in Griezmann kind of implicates our board thinks -at least partially- the same as well. But then again, Griezmann is a half measure. Hes more mobile than Suarez (and better on the wing), but he will either stay too centrally, creating a 4-4-2, or be wasted on the wing (cause hes not a winger) - or clash with Messis positions.

Still hope for Nicolas Pepe and bet on him + Dembele being good for 15goals+ on each wing. With Suarez as a tactical option.

Dembele - Messi - Pepe
Frenkie - Busquets - Arthur
Alba - Lenglet - Pique - Wague (you can hope^^)
Stegen

A true dm would be nice as well (and De Ligt). But our attack should be priotity for now. Puig hopefully gets promoted - he can be a good option vs 50% of La Liga teams (he looks more talented than Alena and doesnt clash with Messi as much).

So the lineup is terrible but i cannot see how lining up 3 LWs in our attack is that much better.

vuji_31

Pepe is like Dembele.
Sometimes it feels like his control is not the best.

I would rather buy someone like Vinicious Jr.He is shit at scoring but he is soo good at the dribbling.
We need that kind of player that can dribble one or two players then provide the pass.

Liquidskies

Pepe is like Dembele.
Sometimes it feels like his control is not the best.

I would rather buy someone like Vinicious Jr.He is shit at scoring but he is soo good at the dribbling.
We need that kind of player that can dribble one or two players then provide the pass.
Gabriel Jesus? Kinda reminds me of Pedro, and if the price is right, why not.

Home of Barca Fans