Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar

Well ... He can be a good replacemet to Alba who is an injury prone ... and who knows maybe he can be also a good CB we wont know if we don't try.

I'm just being optimistic right now :lol:

spark

So when Ajax had actual CB's with decent potential like Vertonghen or Alderweirld our management was nowhere to be found but now they are interested in a leftback who now plays as a defensive midfielder. Might as well sign Davy Klassen as Alves replacement. Who cares that he's an attacking midfielder.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Blind shouldn't be a target. He can't defend at all. He's an intelligent player with decent technical abilities, but I really don't think he's anywhere near Barça material. He was good for Ajax as a CDM, but even in the Eredivisie he was quite bad as a LB. He's very slow and quite weak; there are far better options out there.

i_bleed_blaugrana

All the good moves Zubi has made will be simply irrelevant if he honestly thinks that Daley Blind, a practical nobody until the WC, will be a solid CB. Much more like the Zubi we've come to know and love.

I just think it's funny how everyone seems to think that Dutch defenders are good all of the sudden. Vlaar, Blind etc. all looked good because of how defensive the Dutch's shape were, a shape Van Gaal had to come up with bc it was the only way to make the team competitive. If they had a more attacking formation, they all would have been woefully exposed.

If this is a bluff to try and force Valencia to the table over Mathieu, it will only backfire since Blind will be even more expensive than freaking Mathieu! No bargaining power whatsoever since Valencia can tell us to pay the release clause or fuck off, which is what any club will do to us from here forward. The fact that the board is arrogant enough to think that just bc we are Barça, clubs will have to negotiate over players we are interested in is as illogical as it is pompous.

For a board that drums up its "business acumen" any time deemed possible, they don't seem to understand some fundamental aspects of how business and in particular negotiating works.

Blind would be Song 2.0 and if that's whose going to be our "Puyol replacement", prepare for a long season and trophy less season, boys. We can't expect to beat the best of Europe 4-3 all the time...

:facepalm:

Last edited:

serghei

All the good moves Zubi has made will be simply irrelevant if he honestly thinks that Daley Blind, a practical nobody until the WC, will be a solid CB. Much more like the Zubi we've come to know and love.

I just think it's funny how everyone seems to think that Dutch defenders are good all of the sudden. Vlaar, Blind etc. all looked good because of how defensive the Dutch's shape were, a shape Van Gaal had to come up with bc it was the only way to make the team competitive. If they had a more attacking formation, they all would have been woefully exposed.

Pisses me off too. I bet Blind didn't even have a thread here, in other players section, up until the World Cup. Now people think he's a good player, but completely disconsider some of the horrific losses Ajax had with him on.

Last edited:

Richard.H

I may be in the minority but I rather pay 22 mill for a 24 yr old Blind who has great passing skills for an LB rather than 20 mill for a 30 (about to turn 31) Mathieu who's a versatile defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans