Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crixus

if we sold pedro and alexis , then who will play on RW Deulofeu is not ready and rafa will play probably in the MF and adama needs one more season in liga adele

fcbdna

Banned
I would only let Alexis go if Juventus gave us a sweet deal on Pogba.

I will let Alexis go for a reasonable fee. More than happy to keep Pedro. BTW, none of those coaches mentioned has the pedigree to coach Barca. . . This will just be Tata 2.0

xavi_the_Boss

Candidates to be Barcelona coach next season: Valverde (Athletic), Luis Enrique (Celta), Frank de Boer (Ajax), and Paco Jemez (Rayo)

Omg, we are looking at Rayo coaches now. Can't we just watch some coaches from bigger clubs? Blanc likes keeping possession.

What?
I would prefer any of those 4 coaches mentioned to Blanc.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I will let Alexis go for a reasonable fee. More than happy to keep Pedro. BTW, none of those coaches mentioned has the pedigree to coach Barca. . . This will just be Tata 2.0

I beg to differ. de Boer has a solid resume and I think he is ready for a fresh challenge here after taking Ajax as far as they can go. Excluding Pep, I think he is the overall best candidate to help us evolve. I'm never ruling out Pep's return, I think with a proper board in place, he might be willing to come back but until then de Boer has very similar qualities to Pep, particularly his tactical nous, fiery personality and familiarity with the club.

Perhaps de Boer rebuilds the team to either to hand off to Pep or stay and work side by side with him a la Tito? You never know, but I think he would be a good step in the right direction.

For my $$, it's:
1. Pep
2. de Boer
3. Luis Enrique

I'd consider Klopp though that's a long shot but I'm indifferent about Valverde and Rayo's coach.

Also, cash in on Alexis ASAP so we can make a bid for Aguero!

R

relaySM

I beg to differ. de Boer has a solid resume and I think he is ready for a fresh challenge here after taking Ajax as far as they can go. Excluding Pep, I think he is the overall best candidate to help us evolve. I'm never ruling out Pep's return, I think with a proper board in place, he might be willing to come back but until then de Boer has very similar qualities to Pep, particularly his tactical nous, fiery personality and familiarity with the club.

Perhaps de Boer rebuilds the team to either to hand off to Pep or stay and work side by side with him a la Tito? You never know, but I think he would be a good step in the right direction.

For my $$, it's:
1. Pep
2. de Boer
3. Luis Enrique

I'd consider Klopp though that's a long shot but I'm indifferent about Valverde and Rayo's coach.

Also, cash in on Alexis ASAP so we can make a bid for Aguero!
why should we bid for agierro, what new thing does he bring! He is another short, technical player. Dont we have enough short players and enough inability to use crosses and setpieces?

Co0ter

Barcelona "tiki taka", as I will call it, is a thing of the past.

People will deny it because they want to hold onto it- but it is the truth. Barcelona has been figured out, it's why weaker teams give us a hard time now when we used to crush them and it's why any decent side has a 50/50 chance of defeating us.

Pep brought new tactics into our team- heavy pressing, especially from the wingers, and tiki taka- quick, triangular passing where teammates always made themselves available to each other. It was great for a few years, but that is all.

We have brought some marquee players into our team- Alexis was the young engine behind Udinesse, Cesc was the leader and captain of Arsenal and Neymar- one of the most promising young talents of the world. Sure a better defense would be great, and our midfield is aging....but we are losing players you can't exactly replace. Xavi in his prime was fantastic- but even then, you take Pep's Xavi and you place him in another team and he is maybe above average. Even if Puyol and Xavi were in their prime- teams know how to defend us now, we still wouldn't be that dominating team we once were.

Barcelona needs a new era- the longer we hold onto Pep's tiki taka- the longer we'll be dealing with failure. Things need to change. A new defense, at least one WC CB....a defensive RB or LB to bring balance to our defense. Someone to bring muscle and some tenacity into our midfield- Busquets is not in any way any sort of muscle. We need a player like Suarez, Eto (in prime) or Falcao before he went to Monaco. A player even like Cavani- although I don't rate him as high as others. Having Messi as false 9 will not work anymore- he is small and gets too heavily marked, by shutting down Messi they have shutdown Barcelona. Has anyone noticed that since Messi has stopped doing the spectacular recently...no one else has stepped up to do so? That's because there is no one else like him, and if he can't carry this weakened Barcelona- no one can.

Things need to change.

Last edited:
R

relaySM

Barcelona "tiki taka", as I will call it, is a thing of the past.

People will deny it because they want to hold onto it- but it is the truth. Barcelona has been figured out, it's why weaker teams give us a hard time now when we used to crush them and it's why any decent side has a 50/50 chance of defeating us.

Pep brought new tactics into our team- heavy pressing, especially from the wingers, and tiki taka- quick, triangular passing where teammates always made themselves available to each other. It was great for a few years, but that is all.

We have brought some marquee players into our team- Alexis was the young engine behind Udinesse, Cesc was the leader and captain of Arsenal and Neymar- one of the most promising young talents of the world. Sure a better defense would be great, and our midfield is aging....but we are losing players you can't exactly replace. Xavi in his prime was fantastic- but even then, you take Pep's Xavi and you place him in another team and he is maybe above average. Even if Puyol and Xavi were in their prime- teams know how to defend us now, we still wouldn't be that dominating team we once were.

Barcelona needs a new era- the longer we hold onto Pep's tiki taka- the longer we'll be dealing with failure. Things need to change. A new defense, at least one WC CB....a defensive RB or LB to bring balance to our defense. Someone to bring muscle and some tenacity into our midfield- Busquets is not in any way any sort of muscle. We need a player like Suarez, Eto (in prime) or Falcao before he went to Monaco. A player even like Cavani- although I don't rate him as high as others. Having Messi as false 9 will not work anymore- he is small and gets too heavily marked, by shutting down Messi they have shutdown Barcelona. Has anyone noticed that since Messi has stopped doing the spectacular recently...no one else has stepped up to do so? That's because there is no one else like him, and if he can't carry this weakened Barcelona- no one can.

Things need to change.
:worthy:

pepi

So.. if we now have young Eto'o, Henry, Puyol, Abi, Xavi ... you think nothing will change and we will still be losing from granada, because we are figured out? Tiki-taka is figured out for years actually. We need height (We were replacing tall players with short for a long time now) and a competent coach. But first of all we need a NEW BOARD ASAP.

Alarcón

Lol @ people saying we've been figured out. What our team is doing at the moment has nothing to do with tiki taka. Watch matches from the 08-09 season and you'll see what tiki taka is. If anything, our demise is directly connected to the fact that we don't play like that anymore.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Tiki Taka is a thing of the past only because we no longer play Tiki Taka. What we play is "Keep Away" and "Let's Run the Ball into the Net." The elements that made Tiki Taka work are no longer present in our playing style from 12/13 and from Jan 14 onwards. At least the anarchic style that Tata implemented in the beginning of the season had some glimpses of Tiki Taka, but now we have gone back to possession football with no attacking threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans