Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarçAjax8

With nothing left to play for this season, Tata really needs to give minutes to our youth players. Sergi Roberto and Montoya need minutes. Some people are already writing off these players because "they haven't cracked the first team" but if a manager doesn't select them they won't ever do that. I ALWAYS felt Bartra had the skills to play on our first team, he just needed time to prove it. But neither Tito (RIP) or Tata gave him the opportunity. Since Pique's injury Bartra has shown he belongs on this team. The very few minutes Montoya has played he has shown he has the skills and potential to be our starting RB. He has the Barca DNA, he just needs minutes to build confidence and chemistry. The same goes for S. Roberto.

Before we start our summer spending management needs to take a look at our potential talent and give them minutes. Wether they are on our Bench or Barca B.

Co0ter

Sergi Roberto has never showed anything to make me think he's special. What is he good at? Nothing, he is average at best at all aspects of the game. He offers us nothing imo.

Montoya has been frightenly bad during the appearances he has had this season. I have to say though, he looked really good a few times last year so I havent made up my mind yet. I like Bartra- I'd keep him as a CB or train him into a defensive RB...he has enough speed to do it and have Alba as our wingback.

BarçAjax8

Sergi Roberto has never showed anything to make me think he's special. What is he good at? Nothing, he is average at best at all aspects of the game. He offers us nothing imo.

Montoya has been frightenly bad during the appearances he has had this season. I have to say though, he looked really good a few times last year so I havent made up my mind yet. I like Bartra- I'd keep him as a CB or train him into a defensive RB...he has enough speed to do it and have Alba as our wingback.

Neither Montoya or Sergi Roberto have had enough minutes to show if they're keepers or not.
What stage are Patric, Bagnack, Edger Ie or Dongou at? While a few games isn't enough to judge it definitely would give us an idea.

Barcilliant

The root cause is the board and some of the players. Unless this is addressed-all others actions, remedies are purely superficial. The board can buy a whole heap of superstars but that doesn't necessarily mean we will have a great team.

Get rid of the board, get rid of the troublemaker players. Without that we are screwed till 2016........

Barcilliant

I thought Sergi Roberto would be good but he really hasn't shown enough to warrant serious first team action. You HAVE to shine when you're given a chance at Barca-there is no option. Look at Tello-he's been given plenty of opportunities. If you don't make the most of your chances then you cant whinge.

pepi

I meant.., he did a lot better before Neymar / Martino ... I still like him even though he's one dimensional. He'll do very good in another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans