Bartra or Muniesa?

• Bartra

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Muniesa

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Odds are only one out of the two have a real chance to make it so which one do you guys think gets the edge?

XaviMessiGirl

I used to rate Muniesa higher but his apparent injury-proneness really put a damper on his career... I think Bartra will be great if he's given enough minutes, but time's running out on him too.

F

Flavia

I used to rate Muniesa higher but his apparent injury-proneness really put a damper on his career... I think Bartra will be great if he's given enough minutes, but time's running out on him too.
Yes, and a loan next season would be great for both, because a cb is probably going to be signed.

Boris

Bartra is 22 now, am I right ? I wouldn't count on any of those two staying in FCB, maybe at some other club however ... Anyway I think Bartra is going to be better. If not better, than atleast more consistent

IMO, we should loan Muniesa next season and use Bartra as a backup. Puyol, Masch and maybe Abidal might be enough for that for now though.
Muniesa has more potential, right? He could become the backup CB further into the future, but next season, it should definitely be Bartra.

Last edited:

greatmanlaw

i think with time bartra will become one of the best centre backs. the guy is really gud, he should be given more minutes in the less important games. i watched him captain spain u 20 at the world cup in columbia and i was very impressed with his calmness on the ball. i rate him more than muniesa.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

This. Muniesa has had a long term injury for every season since Pep joined. Bartra should be getting more chances, as he's done well every time he's been on the pitch.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bartra has done well but I'm not sure on how keen the management is on keeping/playing him. He's spent most matches in the stands or back at home and has played VERY rarely this season. Muniesa just came back from injury so the coaches know that he isn't ready for the first team. The fact that they cared about his development enough to let him go to the B team to get playing time and get fully fit shows that they care more about his progression than Bartra's. It's too soon to see if Muniesa is making a full comeback from his injury and will ditch his injury prone nature once and for all, but I do think he has more potential than Bartra.

Moe-23

Batra should definitely get chances, if not against the big teams then definitely in league games. The league is barca's, so why not try the young talent in the league games? i think overworking the players has had a bad effect and these next two months are intense, the management should consider playing young players like thiago, batra, tello, montoya etc. Madrid hasn't hesitated to play their own youth talent in league games since they already know league games are of little value to them (as long as their position on the table doesn't dip too badly) . Barca should do something similar as well.

I feel for muniesa though, injuries are a nightmare for any young player.

Indignado

I wouldn't say time is running out on him, but he should really get more playing time. Puyol joined the first team when he was 21 and he still played at Barca B when he was 22.

Yes, and a loan next season would be great for both, because a cb is probably going to be signed.

I don't think that would be any helpful. Why don't we just let him play? He can't be worse than our defense right now. In fact, everytime he started for the first team, he showed that he's capable of handling the responsibility and performed really well.

F

Flavia

I don't think that would be any helpful. Why don't we just let him play? He can't be worse than our defense right now. In fact, everytime he started for the first team, he showed that he's capable of handling the responsibility and performed really well.
He should be loaned because he's not being played. I'd like him to be played, of course. But it seems the coaches don't trust him enough, so it'd be better for him to go somewhere he could play.

We should definitely buy a new CB to replace Puyol. IMO, Bartra should replace Masch as the backup CB next season. As for Muniesa, he should be loaned out, since he won't get a lot of playing time.

Home of Barca Fans